Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-Wanted

Please note

Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 AM

Default Re: 1969 Yenko Camaro Hugger Orange 4 speed Cash B

"I hear this everyday that people will be giving these away soon.. I cant help but laugh with these calls..
Guys wanting 4 speeds with the original drivetrain in Hugger Orange or Daytona yellow for 250K..
I would like to buy a house with 5+bedrooms on the ocean for 1/2 million too... "

Rich ....well put....!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:13 AM

Default Re: 1969 Yenko Camaro Hugger Orange 4 speed Cash B

And I"ll second that
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,947 Times in 499 Posts
Default Re: 1969 Yenko Camaro Hugger Orange 4 speed Cash Buyer

I'm not sure how much money the friend is laying on the table, but I don't believe that anyone willing to put six figures or more on the table for any Camaro short of an honest ZL1 is actually insulting anybody.

Little more than 5 years ago, $150K bought you pretty much whatever Yenko Camaro you might want. Prices are basically set by desire and available money, correct? While I agree that Yenko Camaro "awareness" is at an all time high, both inside and outside the hobby, it has to be acknowledged that there isn't as much money out there, either to borrow, pulled out of 401K or equity, hidden under mattresses or stacked in the wall safe. A whole bunch of "money" has vanished, at least on paper for the forseeable future. So you're arguing that increased DEMAND alone is going to support the current market, no matter how much the capital dries up.
Not to belabor the point, but unlike the waterfront houses that Rich prefers to use in his analogies, none of us can house our families in our cars. They're toys. Big wonderful toys with deep history and cultural significance, sure, but toys nonetheless. I don't believe anyone is immune from this economy's ills. Even many who are secure will have other pressures. Extended families or children who will need help making house payments or capital to start up new businesses, etc.
My point here isn't to rain on everyone's parade. I don't wish for any of you to "lose" the value of your cars. But then again, I didn't wish for my view property or kids college funds to lose value either. But here we are.
If Rich has callers aggressively trolling for hardship deals so that they can make a quick buck, fine, hit them with some derision. But if you have someone politely offering six figures for a certain type of car, there is no shame in that. Thank them for their offer. File their number away or throw it in the garbage, roll your eyes and curse them under your breath. Whatever. Just don't try to insinuate what fools or jerks they are. I'm not buying it.

Respectfully,
TOM
Old 02-02-2009, 11:57 PM

WOW Tom, Some nice thoughts there!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:37 AM

Thanks Tom !! This is not a insults as many people have taken me on this site but a reality check on the real market that I work in!!
Well now that the speculators are gone,we can finally get back to the hobby that so many people wanted. The guys that are in the hobby are now buying Pedigree cars that they couldnt get and are willing to pay for the RIGHT car now..
Understand people are asking for #'s matching 4 speed and a great color for over a hundred K less..(not happening yet)
I go to auctions to watch the headliners to see what these cars will do. I am not there to watch dealer to dealer sales. From I have noticed some serious cars have sold at these auction for some great money.
I had a great talk with Mike and told him what his money could buy in today's market, I sure didnt kick him for it.

PS. I do apologize
Never been a good writter and have never tried to belittle anybody on this site.
Have always been straight forward and never sugarcoated things to much and have taken quite a bit of heat on this site for being this way.

Sorry if I have offend anybody on this site, that was NEVER my intentions. EVER !!!!!

RICH P
Old 02-03-2009, 12:41 AM

69 ZL1's made, How many still do exist with NO bad history ?? I just opened up a the house classifieds, would you guess how many house's I can choice from ???

Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 AM

I'm upside down in my 69 Camaro COPO (Day 2) recreation..........Butternut Yellow, T-400 on the tree.....at that. No caution fan sticker and nicer than most with respect to detail.....

On a good day, what might some inept buyer pay me.....or should I figure on being buried in it (literally) ??????
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO "recreation"
Old 02-03-2009, 01:10 AM

Killer car and im sure a blast for you to drive.. Thats why you own it.. I have been telling people to buy from the heart cause it doesnt matter what the car market does.
I have said that the clones,then the nom and no paperwork,color changes were to follow if the market would shift.
You should have seen the ZL1 clone at Mecum.. WOOOOOW !!!
The money that could be bought for is unbelievable. The money spent with resto and a real ZL1 over the counter block. Now that is a steal for someone who likes that stuff !!!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 AM

Rich, Please elaborate on the ZL-1 clone at MECUM.......Are you saying it sold cheap or ?????.

I certainly hope I do enjoy the car locally as much as I did driving it in the 2005 HOT ROD power Tour......

I can only hope and pray some local Microsoft guru wants the car more than I do............
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO "recreation"
Old 02-03-2009, 03:01 AM

Thanked 1,947 Times in 499 Posts

Thanks for the reply, Rich. For the record, though I sometimes take issue with the way you present yourself, I've never heard anyone speak poorly about your brokering skills and efforts, and I applaud you for your success in this profession (and I do believe this is your PROFESSION, as much as the people who brokered my house). Your ability to match up significant cars and real buyers without flooring a dealership appears unmatched, at least in the musclecar market. I also will readily concede that you have a great deal more first hand information on how the high end stuff is moving than I do. I appreciate your willingness to share your experiences. I also realize that you have little to gain and much to lose by creating a complete internet blog of all the details of the deals you broker. Good luck to you.

Chuck-I'll take a stab on your COPOclone. Assuming your paint hiccups are dealt with--$30K plus or minus. It looks like some over-the-top clones (512 blocks, 4sp, killer paint) can be had in the $50K range these days. Good luck to you as well. (I think the Microsoft people will have their hands full buying toys from the Washington Mutual folks that are packing up. Maybe some Starbucks folks as well.)