Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Barrett Jackson COPO Camaro

[ QUOTE ]

I hope big money and greed don't totally ruin our hobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 AM

Maybe not. The passion will always be there. We've just got to find a way to lessen the impact of the BJs and the charlatans.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reggie's reputation is taking a big hit. He makes a lot of money for just having owned certain cars but now he's playing fast and loose with his reputation.

Example: There is an article in the Feb.'08 Chevy Rumble called 'History in the Making'. The writer recounts Walden and Harrell's early problems with the ZL1 aluminum blocks. The story the writer tells is far from the one I heard straight from one of he horse's mouth. Do the facts matter anymore?

After watching Reggie yesterday I thought back to what this writer claims happened to Lamar Walden's first aluminum block. According to him the regional service mgr. came by to haul the "warranty block" away but then decided he didn't want to get his trunk dirty. So instead of returning the block to GM (I would think the engineers would want to inspect the damage, especially on a new engine design) he decided to just take a big hammer and break away the portion of the block with the serial number on it. Pardon me, but I smell bullshit.

Maybe somebody can link the article if some of you want to read it. I'm not accusing anybody of anything but this story just seems to work out a little to well for all parties involved! And Reggie actually helping rebuild the engine???

I hope big money and greed don't totally ruin our hobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was Hot Rod that ran an article about a vintage speed shop in Oregon? that had a few original ZL-1 blocks. They also told the story of the early Zl-1s dropping valves and the GM warranty guy personally breaking said blocks upon inspection. ??????
Old 01-19-2009, 07:17 AM

Are we going to have vistors from BJ on here now with black helicopters over us???

Maybe they will buy this board up!!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:30 AM

During the bidding on the ZL-1, I loved it when the bidder at the back got off the bidding when he saw Reggie start to bid, he said a few choice words to the ring man then walked away. up until that point he had already bought a few cars.

I had it recorded and replayed it many times. Early on in the bidding, when Reggie was behind the auctioneer, you could read his lips: he was saying "Buy It Back".

Did anybody see the explanation Mike Joy gave on Sunday at the beginning of the broadcast?

Lots of emails about Reggie bidding on his own car. Mike explained how it wasn't his car and that nobody was allowed to bid on their car at BJ

What about all those buy backs over the past years?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 AM

Just for those that came in late, I posted my link a couple pages back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiLf56NlDPc

You know, considering others have posted clips of other auction cars, if my video gets deleted, then I guess we'll know that they want to cover this thing up. If YouTube pulls my video, I'll let you guys know ASAP....unless the black helicopters get me first.

DVD's for Musclecar fans! MusclecarFilms.com
Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 AM

Boycott future BJ auctions and start your own version at Your Super Car Reunions you have yearly!

You could control the future values of the cars by keeping a better group of people surrounding them.

Involve a co-op with the said groups in the know who keep the records on these cars there by eliminating the current situation presently happening to our Hobby.

No more Camaros at BJ.

Bring them all to sYc reunions.

You could then control the future auctions etc and eliminate all doubt.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM

Schoneye The federal statue on VIN's applies to a stolen vehicle. If you are the "owner of said vehicle, or agent thereof" the exemption for removing/replacing is clearly stated. The law yields if you are "repairing" your own vehicle. So when a body shop is putting a front clip , cowl or body shell on a damaged vehicle it is a repair , not a criminal act. The law needs to be amended to state that if fraud is involved it is a criminal act, stolen car or not. Defining the exact nature of where fraud exists, however, is a real challenge . Sure, we all know it when we see it, but putting it in a legal code is the hurdle. Write your elected officials. Last I looked, however, they won't even jail a guy that stole 50 Billion from investors.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:26 PM

Once you guys decide on an acceptable description here is where to take it. Fax them, write them and call them.

Here is the contact info for US House of Representatives

http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/index.html

Here is the US Senate contact info, sorted by state.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...e&Sort=ASC

You can google search for your local state reps.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Getting away from the ZL1 fiasco, did anyone see that 69 hugger Orange/White top 69 SS Chevelle go across the block on Sunday.? Owner claiming original paint and top.? That was a $15k repaint if ever there was one. Even the COMMENTATORS were questioning it's autheticity. BJ has definitely lost the educated seller and buyer at this point, Jackson is PT Barnum, the flim flam man. An arena for the too wealthy and too uneducated to show off and get thier mugs on TV. Can't believe I wasted hours watching that crap. My .02
70 L78 Nova Fathom Blue,Bench, 4spd, F41, 3:55
71 Porsche 911 Targa