Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Comments/Suggestions > Comments, Suggestions, Problems

Old 03-13-2003, 08:54 PM

Default Login/Posting problem

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000">1.</span></span> First things first. If you have forgotten your password, then move on to <span style="font-style: italic">step 2</span>. But, if you do know your password, and you still can't post or login, then skip to <span style="font-style: italic">step 3</span>.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">2.</span></span> If you have forgotten your username/password, click on &quot;Login&quot; at the top of the page, and scroll down towards the bottom of the page. There you will find a box, in which you can enter your username and email address. After you fill in the boxes with your information, then click the &quot;I forgot my password&quot; button and a new password will be emailed to you. Check your email, and there should be an email generated by the bulletin board containing a new password for your username.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">3.</span></span> So, you can't login! Firstly, make sure that you are following the correct link to the message board, not a bookmarked link...the correct link will be found on the home page, which is located at www.yenko.net. Once you're to the login page, make sure you entered both your username and password correctly. Remember, they are both CASE SENSITIVE! This means if your password is xYzAbC, then xyzabc or XYZABC, or any other combination of upper and lower case won't work! It must be EXACTLY as found in the email you received when you registered for the bulletin board, or EXACTLY as you entered it when you changed it via your &quot;My Home&quot; settings.

<span style="font-style: italic">If you still can't login, then move on to step 4!</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">4.</span></span> Now would be a good time to reboot your computer. This easy step often times fixes lots of little woes, especially on PC's running Windows. If that still doesn't work, then keep reading.

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000">5.</span></span> If you've made it this far, then you probably have a &quot;cookie&quot; related problem. Click on THIS LINK, and &quot;expire&quot; your cookies. This simply clears the cookies saved on your computer used solely by this bulletin board. It WILL NOT effect any of the cookies you have obtained from other web sights! Once you have done this, click the &quot;Login&quot; link at the top of the page, and enter your username/password.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">6.</span></span> If you're still having problems, then you need to make sure your browser supports cookies. To do so, you need to check the security level your browser is using. For those of you using Internet Explorer, click on &quot;Tools&quot;, then &quot;Internet Options&quot;, then select the &quot;Security&quot; tab. Your security setting should be set to medium or less. Setting it to &quot;High&quot; will not allow your computer to accept cookies, which means you won't be able to participate on the bulletin board!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">7.</span></span> Something else to consider is the date/time on the internal clock of your computer. If either of these settings is way off, then this will wreak havoc with your cookies, and you won't be allowed to post!

<span style="font-style: italic">Now, if you are still reading this, then you've go BIG problems! Just kidding! Just drop us an email us with any questions, problems, or even comments you have, <span style="font-weight: bold">(please include your USERNAME!)</span> and we will try to get you fixed up!</span>
Old 03-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Default Re: Login/Posting problem

Can you help me find my Car Keys?
Old 03-14-2003, 01:07 AM

There outside the trailer on the ground [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2003, 04:52 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Nope, they're in my trailer, Rick. And I'm keepin' ' em. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2009, 03:30 AM
Yenko Paid Member

I know this is an old post, but it is the only one I can post in. Heres what is happening. HELP if you can.
1..I open the home page. I am not logged in, but should be.
2...I log in.
3...I go to a forum section, like "cars for sale"
4...It says I am not logged in
5..I log in and am sent to the home page.
6...I click on a forum and BLAM, I am no longer logged in.
7...start cycle over.
8. I can get to 1 forum before it kicks me out.

I have done everything the above post says to do. I even sent a mod a PM, but don't know if even that works. I have restarted the computer a dozen times.

Anyone know what the hll is going on?

If you reply, thanks.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Old 03-25-2009, 04:23 AM

Tony, what browser you using? Do you have a firewall? Have you changed anything on your computer settings lately?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:28 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Rob...I am using IE.
Yes, a Norton firewall
No, I don't think I have changed anything. I thought that may be it so I tried a system restore. That didn't work. I am on the wifes computer now and it seems to work. My computer may be getting ready to blow up? Thanks for the help Rob. I appreciate it.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:46 AM

My first *guess* would be the firewall...specifically, how it accepts cookies. Might give a quick look at that...
Old 03-25-2009, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
..... My computer may be getting ready to blow up .........

[/ QUOTE ]

Quickly, back up all your photos and documents to an external hard drive. Do not forget your "favorites" (websites) and address books.

Learn from my mistake.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:54 AM
Yenko Paid Member

OK. Thanks.