Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Barrett Jackson - Opinions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr70</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1969l78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That LS6 that sold for $66,000 sounds like a great deal? </div></div>

It has many issues &amp; incorrect parts on it,and the paint looks to be tinted wrong to be Autumn Gold to me.Heard it wasn't it's original born with engine.
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...LE-LS6--200011

I saw it sell @ Mecum Kissimmee under lot#F215 in 2013 for $68,900 &amp; that was believed to be too kind.</div></div>

Thanks for the info. The paint looks off for sure.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:57 PM

I've gone the last 10+ years and I would say the prices were down. last year I thought was a bad year for quality restos. I am partial to olds and found much wrong that year. another thing was this year they moved the opening night gala to sunday night vs Monday and it was disappointing. In the past the local higher end restauraunts donate food and its a taste test of many foods from places most people would not dine at $$$$$. This year you almost had to search for something to eat, no women in fancy gowns standing around and no notable headliner music entertainment. last year they had zac brown band, brett michaels has been there to name a few. Like him or not but even craig used to give a welcome speech and I didn't see him. Its worth going just to see the eye candy and let me tell you there are PLENTY of 45+ women with non-numbers matching parts walking around. Its included in the bidders pass so It's something to do. I also hear he gets 40% of the food vendors out side plus their fee just to get in. That to me sounds greedy and explains why there isn't barely anything under $10 for lunch. I wonder, how many good cars can be left out their? I'm not the biggest street rod guy but sat eve I almost raised my hand to the ex-Jimmy Shine famous hot rod truck. If you know so-cal speed shop then you know the truck, blown flathead etc. It hammered for $87 and sold last year for $250!! It is fun to get away although where I'm from it was warmer here then there Saturday.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:02 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RPOLS3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427.060</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was funny how many cars were &quot;bid&quot; up then lowered. One in particular was the General Motors Intimidator Monte Carlo. It went up to $50K, down to around $30K, down to $20K, up to $30K and sold at $25K. When the high bidder bid $25K the bid then went to $30K. They kept trying to get the guy to bid more then $30K. When he wouldn't bid any more they dropped it back to $25K and sold it to him.
James </div></div>

They spent way too much time on this car. It wasn't going to bring more than 25k but they spent another 5 minutes on it. And you couldn't drive it on the roads.

</div></div>

We were surprised that B-J thought it was a Saturday prime time worthy car.

Not sure if was mentioned on the TV coverage or not but that car actually started out as a Grand Prix - not even a Monte Carlo.

</div></div>

I heard them mention that it started as a Grand Prix. I also heard someone say that GM had $800,000 invested in the car.
James
Old 01-23-2017, 09:18 PM

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,150 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stritestoration</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Its worth going just to see the eye candy and let me tell you there are PLENTY of 45+ women with non-numbers matching parts walking around. </div></div>

LOL I hear ya.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:42 PM

Because of the corvette resto mods on BJ my wife gave me a break on selling one I (a 61) have so we can research what it would take to do it. Car is almost gone to a farmer in minnesota, but we are rethinking that deal, putting it on pause. I guess that is kinda good news.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:31 PM

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427.060</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I heard them mention that it started as a Grand Prix. I also heard someone say that GM had $800,000 invested in the car.
James </div></div>

And lets not forget that it could not be titled for street use for reasons I do not recall but they did explain it on TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 01-23-2017, 11:44 PM

I've been attending for at least 7-8 years. Always a great time. Ran into Stefano sitting across from me at the Talking Stick coffee bar. I was looking at Facebook on my phone, had just seen a post of his and looked up and he was right in front of me.

I thought the prices were a bit soft too. Tons of people, great cars, and a great time, but prices soft or getting back to normal?

Outliers were definitely the Mulsanne Blue LS6 at $180k and the Red LS6 at $240k. How do you explain the $240k?

Some of my favorites:

A Hugger Orange '69Z hammered at $125k. Beautiful car.

A '67 SS427 Impala Convertible from the Charlie Thomas collection. Far from perfect and had a later 454 in it, but it sold for only $22k. I would have bought that and enjoyed driving it in Seattle everyday from July 1st - September 15th for that money.
'68 L72 Biscayne
'69 L78 Nova
'17 Denali 3500HD
Old 01-24-2017, 12:51 PM

Would they be considered Resto Mods? LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr70</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stritestoration</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Its worth going just to see the eye candy and let me tell you there are PLENTY of 45+ women with non-numbers matching parts walking around. </div></div>

LOL I hear ya. </div></div>
Old 01-24-2017, 01:12 PM

Think I spotted you on the live broadcast.....Did you buy a Fiat Jolly (or something of the like)? I glanced up and thought I spotted your face.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:56 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

It has a little more power than a Jolly.