Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Nickey-Chicago

Old 01-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Kevin Hand Collector Car Collection at Auction

The original announcement was made right here. Nothing changed prior to the hammer, other than Kevin decided to be there on the block with his cars.

<span style="font-weight: bold">&quot;Kevin Hand has decided to sell some of the prominent cars in his collection at the Russo and Steele Auction this coming January 19-23, in Scottsdale Arizona.

Kevin is a long time sYc member and is known for collecting and restoring some of the best Muscle cars and Super Cars available anywhere.

These cars will be offered at NO RESERVE! No games....the high bidder/closing hammer gets the car.

Contact John Bemiss in order to get your bidders pass/credentials.&quot;</span>

Old 01-27-2011, 08:02 PM

Heard that you GUYS and GALS had a GREAT time! GOOD LUCK to the new owner of what i use to call her.. &quot;GOLDIE HAWN&quot;
The &quot;MOF&quot;
Old 01-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Banned

I don't understand how an educated seller such as Kevin could sell his cars at Russo Steele, typically a reserve auction, with no reserve? In this spotty market how could a seller risk so much without any protection? Someone sure bought a great car for far less than cost. Something doesn't add up, just like the selling price!! Who ended up with the car???
Old 03-20-2011, 08:13 PM

The buyer was a customer of Nickey Chicago's by the last name of Carlson.&quot;It is clearly evident in the auction world of muscle cars that the &quot;HOUSE&quot;, their circle of a few select dealers, and the dealers customers outweigh the seller. When the gavel drops on a car as quickly as that one did, you know something is up. The auction in this case went with the dealer and his customer. In this case my trust was misplaced and the almighty dollar took over, thats my fault, thats ok, I can sleep at night. When you do the right thing, you expect others to do the right thing. You win some and lose some, in the end, it's the chance you take. I attend auction's twice a week, I know them quite well. I have never seen such a joke, there was a backup in place but that mysteriously changed the minute the GOLD car hit the stage, oh well you live and learn, go Barrett Jackson! &quot; I have to ask why was there a post about something changing when no one even posted about something changing, watch the tape and be the judge for yourself.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:01 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Where do I start...You are delusional. Your actions at the auction were affected by alcohol as evidenced by you throwing beer on people in the stands during the auction. Yes I read where Lopata said something to the effect that we over here were just sore that we paid 155K for the Berger COPO but missed out on your Gold Yenko for 175K. Could he be more wrong ? That was my Berger RS COPO so I guess I didn't miss out on it. The buyer of the Berger RS COPO also bought your Yenko so MR Lopata only missed it by a mile. You say you would have done better at Barrett-Jackson. Barrett-Jackson sold two COPO Camaro's for right about 100K so are you sure you would have done better over there ? COPO Camaro's aren't bringing what they used to. There were only two bidders at the end on my COPO and the guy that didn't win it had not even looked at it up close but he also has a double COPO and said he thought that was a good price. You and I are both lucky to have the buyer that we had and his name isn't Carlson. And &quot;Carlson&quot; does not need any help buying cars. Contrary to what you, Mr Lopata and a couple others think, Olympic gold is not a first choice for someone that is looking to buy a Yenko and I would bet money that if your car had been blue or orange it would have brought more money. A good auctioneer knows when they are down to the only real money and drops the hammer. I also wish I had gotten more money but the money wasn't there and I don't think it was at Barrett-Jackson either. You can try to act like you were scammed but you weren't. The car was heavily advertised so everyone knew it would be there for sale yet they weren't bidding. So was my car but they weren't bidding. Your car was for sale just like mine at &quot;No Reserve&quot; Both our cars sold at &quot;No Reserve&quot; Blaming others is looking in the wrong direction.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:12 AM

Conspiracy theorists unite! Pass out the tin hats.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:11 AM

You have no idea and are totally clueless, Godfather? Your opinion is only yours,just like your opionion on Yenko Nova's, especially when you don't own one and pass judgement on others that do, certainly not the Gospel. Birds of a feather flock together!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:12 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mc25t190</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have no idea and are totally clueless, Godfather? Your opinion is only yours,just like your opionion on Yenko Nova's, especially when you don't own one and pass judgement on others that do, certainly not the Gospel. Birds of a feather flock together! </div></div>

Ahhhhhh!!!!........I think Charley has a pretty good handle on what's going on out there......Take your emotions out of the picture and reread Charley's post.......Seems pretty clear to me....

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mc25t190</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....I attend auction's twice a week, I know them quite well.... </div></div>

Kevin; That makes your statements, and actions, look even more foolish.

And since when did ownership become a prerequisite for knowledge? There are owners of rare cars who know little about their cars while there are non-owners (several on here) who are very knowledgeable about cars they do not own.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 PM

Tom, very well put! Amen to that.