Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Nickey-Chicago

Old 03-22-2011, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Kevin Hand Collector Car Collection at Auction

TOM, about as Foolish as you looked when you said Mark Hassett's 1969 Monaco Orange Yenko Chevelle was a rebody, about as foolish as you look now knowing that your Yenko Nova got slammed too. For those that are sucked into this protecting each other stuff, simple minds, I expected all of the above especially from the close net group protecting each other! I fully expect Tom to delete this thread or be instucted to. For the real deal [link removed], chew on that Tom Clary. As you can see I post at both real often, right?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Kevin,

If you have something truthful, factual and documentable regarding this situation, which you feel needs to be discussed on a public forum, then by all means share that info here.

There are thousands of active members, who might like to learn more about this situation.

The cars and the way in which they were to be auctioned, along with your own descriptions were advertised right here, first.

I can understand that you were not happy with the results of the GOLD Yenko, however, the Auction did their very best. In light of what other, non original engine COPOs, which actually sold to new owners fetched, that weekend, your GOLD 9561, fell right in line.

You had a much higher offer, prior to consigning the Yenko with R&S from one of our very good customers, which you turned down, as you said that you were willing to take your chances on the Yenko doing better.

The fact that you once were a Car Dealer, and have worked in the retail environment for many years, as well as frequent car auctions "twice a week", provides you a bit more experience than the average auction seller/ buyer.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:59 PM

I never said I had a much higher offer and would take my chances?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:54 PM

That is exactly one of my points as you try and spin this situation. You never told anyone that I had a higher offer, which you had turned down.

I don't need to drag that particular individual into this. So at this point I say it happened and you say that it didn't.

Are you saying that you did not understand the consignment agreements which you signed with R&S and did not know what NO RESERVE meant?

There was absolutely no agreement with me or R&S to protect any of your cars, prior to the auction.

In fact, it was quite the contrary. I told the auction and others that I would not bid on any of your cars and I didn't

I even helped some members and customers get bidders credentials in order to potentially bid on your cars.

Guess what.....one of them was high bidder and bought one of your cars??

The fact that, in a drunk' in stuper you decided to try and protect your car to no avail, at the last minute, and that you did not have the necessary line of credit in order to facilitate buying your own car back .....is certainly no ones fault but your own.

Colin is one of most knowledgeable Shelby Enthusiasts, Collectors and dealers I know. He is also a friend. I have no issues referring potential customers to him. I guess I held a gun to your head in order to force you to buy that car too?

Old 03-22-2011, 04:13 PM

Kevin, first of the all, this thread will be allowed to run its course, so everyone who has heard about the bizarre happenings at the auction can form their own opinions of who did what to who.

Second of all, no, you do not post much on here, when you do, usually it is to pimp one of your cars, telling us how much better it is then all of the similar cars out there. Yes, you have owned some cool cars, but, and I know this is not how you view things, owning rare cars does not make you, or any of us, any more special then the next guy.

In closing, I am not for sure what Mark's Chevelle, or my Nova, have to do with this thread, other then to try and steer the focus away from the facts. Face it, you yourself admitted it was your decision to sell your cars at NO RESERVE, a risky move anytime, but even more so in today’s economy, so why blame others? I realize in today’s world blaming others for one’s failures is common place, but I for one am tired of that mentality.

Be an adult about this, admit selling at no reserve may have been a poor decision on your part, and move on.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:43 PM

Not being involved or caring about what went on at the Auction.......The Facts seem to be that your car or cars were consigned to the Auction at No Reserve.......
Did you expect to receive some exceptions to the terms of the contract to guarantee that your cars would have a cushion around them to really not be sold at No Reserve???
Seems to me that you were the one who put yourself in that position ........

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 03-23-2011, 01:31 AM

Don´t I remember one of the no-reserve auction houses guaranteeing a minimum total sale price to the consignor for a collection of muscle cars? Maybe it was the collection that included the blue 69 RS ZL1 ??

I don´t have any sides here as it does not matter to me...but it seems I do remember that this kind of agreement has happened...whether it is behind the scenes or on the consignment contract I do not know...correct me if my memory fails me...

it would not be the first time that has happened..(my memory)
Old 03-23-2011, 02:48 AM

What may or may not have happened at other auctions, different venues several years ago does not pertain to what we are discussing.

Kevin entered into a very straight forward arangement to sell his cars at NO Reserve.

There were NO Guarantees offered by anyone, from my company and/or the Auction. It was a simple and straight up consignment deal to auction the cars at No Reserve, which is the way they were promoted and advertised.

If you stand in front of your NO Resreve car, and tell interested parties that no one is going to steal my car and if it doesn't bring at least $350,000.00, I'm taking it home.....you might tend to have interested bidders and potential buyers, who are not willing to pay that amount or more loose total interest and move on to the next car.

I had several of my own cars running at no reserve and made certain that I got as many interested bidders to know that I wasn't taking my cars home with me!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:55 AM

And that would be who's collection?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 AM

"When the gavel drops on a car as quickly as that one did, you know something is up."

Kevin feels that the gavel dropped prematurely on his car.

Did it or did it not?

If it can be objectively determined that it did, then Kevin has a legitimate gripe. If it did not, then its all a misunderstanding. If it can't be proven either way, then the discussion is moot.

I hate to say it but, everything else on this thread seems to be a pointless tit for tat.