Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Other Events

Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 PM

Default SANDLIN LUMBER / SEMA **Open House**

I'll be hosting our 4th annual SEMA week open-house/party for charity at my warehouse facility adjacent to my lumber yard in LV on October 31, 3:00 - 9:00 PM. Admission includes catered hot finger foods and your beverage of choice "open bar" [water, sodas, beer & wine...no hard licquor]. Admission and hotel accommodation for Oct 31, 2007, is complimentary to people that bring a car for display. The benefactor for 100% of the event collection/proceeds is the LV Church of the Nazarene~Camp-For-Kids fund that Beth and I founded. This past summer, 16 less fortunate kids got to attend church camp for a week as a result of last year's event collections. The general theme associated with SEMA attracts a lot of the Pro-Touring type enthusiasts, so in years past...I've worked closely with the www.Lateral-g.net forum members to spread the word and assist with door prizes and auction items. Bob McClurg, The SPEED Channel, V8TV and a couple other magazine photographers attended the last 2-3 events, so there's usually some good press coverage downstream of the event. I try to display 30-35 cars inside my warehouse facility for the event and I'd like to think it's a good opportunity for an "sYc-West" car corral type gathering. You eastern & midwestern guys have VetteFest, the York US-30 show, the Gibb show and the sYc Reunion, but us guys out west like to party once in a while too. Even if we could only start with 10-12 Supercars this time...it could turn into something bigger with more warning/awareness next year.

General admission is $20 each at the door to attend the catered open house and car display. I will be displaying 3-4 of my Supercars and my ProMod '68 Camaro along with 6-8 of my street rods. I have commitments from Joe Barr to bring his 70 Yenko Deuce, Bob Gagliano to bring his 69 COPO Chevelle, Tom Clary to bring his 69 Yenko Nova and his 69 Yenko Camaro, Charley Lillard to bring his 55 Chevy-fighter plane while Brian Henderson and Marlin Spotts try to figure out how to get a kitchen pass for a couple nites in Las Vegas.

In addition to SEMA, there's some awfully good racing going on during SEMA week at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I will be running my 68 Camaro in the Street Car Super Nationals, Pro Street class:

http://www.streetcarsupernationals.com/

PM or email me for more details, and I'll post a map and more particulars as things develop. Here are a couple links to pix from the 2005 & 2006 open house that I nabbed off the www.Lateral-g.net site:

http://www.lateral-g.net/events/sema2005/

http://www.lateral-g.org/events/semaparty2006/

We had over 250 people attend last year's event, and fire code regulations require that we limit attendance this time to 300. Please RSVP in this thread if you plan to attend with, or without a car for display.

Thanks,
SS
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 298122-SEMA090.jpg 297942-PA314255.JPG 297925-claryandtibor.jpg 297912-deucesatvalleyoffire.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-23-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: SANDLIN LUMBER / SEMA **Open House**

Wow does this sound like a great event. And for a great cause.

But Steve one question. How the hell did you pull this one off?

[ QUOTE ]
Bob Gagliano to bring his 69 COPO Chevelle

[/ QUOTE ]

We can't get him to bring a car 3 miles from his house without getting the "its to dusty" excuse or the "I have a hang nail". This is feat in itself. (<- no pun intended)
Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 PM

I just flashed a couple pix of him that I kept hidden away for a couple years now...then there was nuttin' to it!

SS
Old 08-23-2007, 11:19 PM

Aye Matey, sounds like someone got caught holdin' the bird.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

<font color="red"> We had over 250 people attend last year's event, and fire code regulations require that we limit attendance this time to 300. Please RSVP in this thread if you plan to attend with, or without a car for display.
</font>

Come on guys and gals..get your RSVPs in now. Not only would it be neat to see a bunch of members attending, but even better with a large turnout of member's cars.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:17 AM

This will be my third year of enjoying Steves Hospitality and Display of neat cars during SEMA.......It's a great "Get Together".......Oh!!......Steve.....I forgot one thing

Ken (put me down for two)

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 08-24-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You eastern &amp; midwestern guys have VetteFest, the York US-30 show, the Gibb show and the sYc Reunion, but us guys out west like to party once in a while too. Even if we could only start with 10-12 Supercars this time...it could turn into something bigger with more warning/awareness next year.

General admission is $20 each at the door to attend the catered open house and car display. I will be displaying 3-4 of my Supercars and my ProMod '68 Camaro along with 6-8 of my street rods. I have commitments from Joe Barr to bring his 70 Yenko Deuce, Bob Gagliano to bring his 69 COPO Chevelle, Tom Clary to bring his 69 Yenko Nova and his 69 Yenko Camaro, Charley Lillard to bring his 55 Chevy-fighter plane while Brian Henderson and Marlin Spotts try to figure out how to get a kitchen pass for a couple nites in Las Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a fantastic event. Also, well on your way to bringing together some of the most impressive rides around. Like Darren, I don't know how you got Gags to agree to this, but the car will be a great addition!
Now, remind Kwhizz that his credentials are still good in your state and that we NEED PHOTO COVERAGE!

Nice work SS!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:02 AM

I will definatley be there.. possibly with a car if it works out.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:07 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

I will be there if Steve gives the thumbs up...
Old 08-24-2007, 05:29 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Aye Matey, sounds like someone got caught holdin' the bird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really Darren...you mean this?