Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-21-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: 1969 Camaro SS L78 X66 on E-Bay

Thanks Tony I appreciate the kind words. I am in this hobby because of my love for muscle cars. I only wish that everyone could admire each others car for what it is and not for what it has wrong with it. I have friends that have Camaro's and other muscle cars that are not perfect show cars but I always try to say something nice about their car.

This world was not created to be perfect and I'm far from being perfect but I try to treat others the way that I want to be treated. I thought about getting mad and to just not use this web site anymore but thats not me. I will continue to use it and try to learn and try to make great friends that enjoy muscle cars like I do.

Kevin
Old 02-21-2007, 04:01 PM

Kevin, Its nothing to get fired up about, all these sites including this one, protouring, camaros.net, team chevelle, nova, impala, etc.. are all the same, you have your guys that enjoy the cars for what they are and then you have the short bus riders that like to find a valve stem cap missing and point it out like they are some expert or something, you have a nice car and you know it, thats all that counts.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Here's part of your ad description. The car needs to stand up behind the words, and a '100 point car' will get picked apart like a 100 point car did when it won the 100 points! Nothing to get offended about, it's just a car.

TAKE YOUR TIME TO VIEW ALL THE PHOTOS AND PLEASE ANALYZE CAREFULLY AND ABSORB THE FINE QUALITY OF THIS AUTOMOBILE,CHECK OUT THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL ITS MIND BOGGLING . I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START SO I'LL START FROM THE FRONT. IT IS A SUPER SPORT L78 396/375HP. THE CAR HAS BEEN COMPLETELY NUT AND BOLT FRAME OFF RESTORED IN 2006 AND SHOULD BE A #1 100 POINT TRAILERED VEHICLE
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 02-21-2007, 05:20 PM

Indeed, some folks want to point out the flaws to make themselves look good. Then there are those of us who want to make a point: Describe the car accurately! Words mean something. Dealers are great for calling cars "flawless" and "100 point" and "#1" when the car is not.

Some, myself included, may just point out a couple of obvious items that do not support the ads claims. The car is what it is - you can't make it better by making blanket claims!

I have no issue or comment about the car of this thread, but this subject is coming up frequently.....

Dave

www.Z16Chevelle.com
Old 02-21-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, it really disappoints me to see some of the bashing comments that have been said about me and my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that the Corvette guys were bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot, meet kettle...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a pretty easy going guy but some of the things said were pretty bad and yes I am very offended.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately, most of us "Corvette guys" have pretty thick skin (we've had to put up with comments like yours for a years now) and aren't as easily offended.

For what it's worth, I think you have a pretty neat car and I hope that you are able to get what you're looking for out of it... Regardless of how correct the "restoration" is.

Regards,

Stan Falenski
Old 02-21-2007, 07:01 PM

Ok you guys are right but if you read I said "It SHOULD BE a 100 point car". Since when is "SHOULD BE" mean 100% accurate? I believe that it should be an 100 point car in my mine. And as far as the Corvette statement I should not had said because it is offensive. I said it in the heat of the moment.

Once again, its about the hobby. Not what is wrong or how stupid or crazy it is. When we fight and say bad things about each other it just destroys the hobby slowly because people restoring cars don't want to be subject to this type of behavior. Lets keep things positive and try to find the good rather than the bad with our hobby!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
It just amazes me how people jump to say what is wrong and never say the good things.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more fun to criticize than it is to praise. That said, this is probably among the toughest group of car guys on the 'net and it is often fascinating for me to read these threads and learn about what's correct and what's not. Learn from the critiques, correct what needs correcting, and take your free additional profit to the bank.

I'd love to have your car, especially with all the correct bits in place--if I could afford it! Nice looking car, "warts" and all.