Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 PM

Default Re: MOTION 2011 Camaros......coming soon!

Baldwin or Denooyer/Motion ??
Old 01-31-2011, 06:46 PM

Ya know,
I was going to ask that same question.
So, judging from the article, Denooyer will be the only dealership that you will be able to purchase these from, is that correct Marty?
Also, just how did they get picked ? Along with Redline? Is there past history with Joel and youself?

Thanks!
joe
Old 02-01-2011, 02:32 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 68vet427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.......... Is there past history with Joel and yourself?

Thanks!
joe </div></div>

I guess you didn't read &quot; The Book &quot; yet? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM

Hi:
Thanks for mentioning my book and putting in a link.
The new 2011 MOTION Camaro program has the spirit of the original Baldwin-Motion Fantastic Five. DeNooyer Chevrolet was chosen because they have an active Performance Division, is the highest volume Chevy dealer in upstate NY and the owner is a big MOTION fan. Vehicle development and building is done by Redline because they have built close to 50 modified Camaros that were sold by DeNooyer and is set up with a dyno. Joel Rosen has been involved in the design and engineering of the cars. Owner Howard Tanner has experience re-programing GM FI engines and powertrains.

The Program is MOTION 427 &amp; 454 Camaros, built by Redline and sold only by DeNooyer Chevrolet. Back in the day it was Motion Performance that built the cars and they were sold only by Baldwin Chevrolet.

Hope this clears up the mystery,
Marty
Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM

Marty,
Thanks for that info on how Denooyer and Redline were picked.
Just to add , i have your book and have read thru it.
I know there is history with you and Joel, what I was asking is if you and Joel had history with Denooyer and Redline. Its great that the owner has a heart for Motion cars.

Joe
Old 02-01-2011, 06:48 PM

Joe:
Great that you have a copy of my book. Thanks.Neither Joel nor I had a previous connection with Redline or DeNooyer. Howard Tanner visited with Joel and I in Florida and started a dialog. That led to creating the program with DeNooyer. The supercharged 800-hp 427-SC engine for Joel's car is in the process of being built and his Synergy Green Camaro is in the paint shop. That's the #01 427-SC Supercharged Supercar. The #02 427-SC has been sold to a speed equipment manufacturer. It's priced at $150,000 and is a limited production model.
Marty
Old 02-11-2011, 02:37 AM

Martyn,

No offence but the price does seem a bit steep. A Camaro SS costs $35k. Figure you guys are going to remove and sell the engine for perhaps $4k. So the $80k base car considering the engine sale is $49k over the cost of the car. Sure seems like alot considering the LS7 costs $17k as a crate engine. I do understand that a lot of time and development has gone into the project

It seems that your guys take the crate engine and tear it down and built it up. Would they consider puting in the stock crate engine and bringing down the price?? (A guy can dream cant he??? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img] )

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 02-11-2011, 04:08 PM

Billy:
First off, the &quot;you guys&quot; doesn't apply. I am the PR and advertising guy on this project, not the builder-marketer. MOTION/DeNooyer/Redline is a business, not a hobby shop. Can the cars be built cheaper? Possibly. However, how many people can develop a car, change engines, re-program the powertrain, dyno tune it and come up with a package that can carry a warranty? And buy and finance it from an authorized Chevrolet dealer! Plus, the end result is a MOTION-branded Camaro with heritage, horsepower and a future. That nobody else can do at any price.
No offense taken,Marty
Old 02-14-2011, 04:59 AM

Marty,
Well put!! Everybody thinks it is so easy to do this!!! It does take a lot more work than most people realize.
Dennis Barker
NicKey Chicago, Inc.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:03 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Martyn L. Schorr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Billy:
First off, the &quot;you guys&quot; doesn't apply. I am the PR and advertising guy on this project, not the builder-marketer. MOTION/DeNooyer/Redline is a business, not a hobby shop. Can the cars be built cheaper? Possibly. However, how many people can develop a car, change engines, re-program the powertrain, dyno tune it and come up with a package that can carry a warranty? And buy and finance it from an authorized Chevrolet dealer! Plus, the end result is a MOTION-branded Camaro with heritage, horsepower and a future. That nobody else can do at any price.
No offense taken,Marty </div></div>

Maybe Chevy with their ZL-1 program ???