Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-09-2003, 03:11 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,780 Times in 1,012 Posts
Default Re: 1968 Camaro SS L-88.

The L88 car in Wa was a day two conversion where the owner brought the car back and had the work done. They installed the L88 shortblock and reused the L78 Heads. The car and its History are well known but there is no documentation. The owner used to have some kind of papers including the orig owners contact info but it got stolen out of the car while on display at a car show. That is what was relayed to me by My Friend that owns MusclecarsNW.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:51 AM

Whats up with those lumpy door panels on that orange 69 SS in the above link??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I like that spare wheel sans tire in the trunk too...
Old 12-09-2003, 04:05 AM

I am going to drive over to the Seattle area in the next couple of days to look at some 69 SS 396 Camaro's. If I have time, I will look at the hugger orange SS 396 with the interesting door panel and find out what is up with that.
But in no way will I purchase this car until Dan looks at it first or buys it, since he is the one that mentioned it in the first place. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Mr. T.... thanks alot buddy! I would actually like you to look at the Z/28 for me. Anything and everything would nice. I have not even seen the car, just talk to Bob from the dealer. They seem to have some nice stuff. I am going to buy a Z before a L-78.

-Dan

Pictures would be nice too.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The L88 car in Wa was a day two conversion where the owner brought the car back and had the work done. They installed the L88 shortblock and reused the L78 Heads. The car and its History are well known but there is no documentation. The owner used to have some kind of papers including the orig owners contact info but it got stolen out of the car while on display at a car show. That is what was relayed to me by My Friend that owns MusclecarsNW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Charley,
You are exactly right. I did not know about the iron heads until I talked to the current owner last night.

It's a shame that someone would steal documentation like that, especially when the thief would find no value in it, while really hurting the owner. He told me he had every title back to the original owner, along with docs from Alan Green. He is still in touch with owners number one and three.

-Sam
Old 12-10-2003, 05:15 PM

Just goes to show that valuable paperwork should be photocopied and left at home in a safe place. In a public show is no place for it to be. Seems kinda foolish to me.
73 Pantera
69 Vette B/P SCCA