Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 12-02-2012, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Motion Nova????

WENT UP A LITTLE BUT STILL NOT BAD IF YOUR CAR GETS THE GREENLIGHT!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,116 Times in 328 Posts

Well said PXTX - it's the complete investigation that yields answers to the "why" and "how" any modified car got to its current state. Charley can chime in, but that's probably one of the reasons why he prefers the unaltered survivor (no questions) cars. Others enjoy the research aspect of the modified cars. Whatever the original status of the car in question was - it's story deserves to be told. All owners, full photographic physical documentation, etc. It's a POTENTIAL treasure & shouldn't be lost to history. JMHO
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM

Thanked 1,648 Times in 486 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JD502</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anyone know how much it cost to get one documented now? </div></div>

Joel may vary the fee with the value of the car. When I bought the two 1980's Motion cars, the fee was a lot lower then a higher value Motion car was at the time.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:32 PM

I do not know this first hand, but I have been told numbers as high as 5 digits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JD502</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anyone know how much it cost to get one documented now? </div></div>

Joel may vary the fee with the value of the car. When I bought the two 1980's Motion cars, the fee was a lot lower then a higher value Motion car was at the time. </div></div>
Old 12-02-2012, 10:19 PM

I don't know about that. I remember we (my brother) were in the $2-2500 range. All I can say for sure is that this business of a &quot;maybe&quot;, and then the refusal to give you any paper stating the &quot;maybe&quot; stinks.

If you pay, you should get an answer in a report supporting that answer. To take someones money and then refuse to issue any written opinion chafes my butt.

On my car, I finally got the NICB showing Curry Chevrolet near motion a few years later and placed several calls into Joel with the updated information, even offered to pay a suppliemtal fee to get a yes-no or maybe. Never a return call.

I did (and this is firsthand, God is my witness) get calls from people I won't name to buy the car though after that.

RichP
Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bergy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well said PXTX - it's the complete investigation that yields answers to the &quot;why&quot; and &quot;how&quot; any modified car got to its current state. Charley can chime in, but that's probably one of the reasons why he prefers the <span style="color: #FF0000">unaltered survivor (no questions) cars</span>. Others enjoy the research aspect of the modified cars. Whatever the original status of the car in question was - it's story deserves to be told. All owners, full photographic physical documentation, etc. It's a POTENTIAL treasure &amp; shouldn't be lost to history. JMHO </div></div>

I know that is not always the case! cause original paint and untouched low milage car got a little better then maybe but not yes!!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 PM

I have talked to Joel a few times on the phone and by email. He was always very helpful and pleasant to talk to. I don't understand the whole deal with the car that wasn't but now is a MOTION car but oh well. Joel told me when I was looking at a Camaro we believed to be a MOTION car &quot;Do your homework!!! Get all info that you can.&quot; I think alot of people think he some kind of a memory bank. I highly DOUBT a man in his 70's can remember every single car he ever had at his shop. I don't know nor will I pretend to know what transpired with other peoples conversations with Joel but I know he seems to me like the kind of guy that your attitude towards him is gonna reflect his towards you. Wasn't there a flood or fire that alot of documents got destroyed in? As far as Dan's Nova is concerned,Have any of you read Joel's letter to Dan reguarding the Nova? Now I consider Dan a friend but something bad must have happened between them because in the letter apperently Dan had asked for the doc fee back and Joel stated never before had he returned the fee but he would this time with the stipulation that Dan was not to have any further contact with him. Also ,in the letter Joel stated that his findings were inconclusive at best. He gave Dan the &quot;INFAMOUS MAYBE&quot;. Before you guys go riding through town with Joels head on a stick, maybe and this is just a suggestion, maybe we should find out exactly what happened between the two of them. Something had to make Joel tell Dan to basically leave him alone and refrain from contact with him. As far as the chevelle in question in one of the previous post, Its like Bergys Yenko, alot of people called B.S. on the car and because of Bergys determination and resourcefulness and detective work he now has &quot;The Yenko disquised as a Z/28&quot;. Maybe the new owner of the chevelle followed more leads, maybe he was a friend of someone who had the right docs and proof of the car. None of us know that is why we question it. It would be nice to be able to hear both Dan and Joels side but I doubt thats gonna happen.If anyone out there knows any info on Dans car, share it. And maybe it will help to put this nightmare to bed for both sides.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:53 PM

From my personal Experience ,Joel told me $2500 to research my car(72 corvette widebody) last year.I did not have the cash,and it could come back no or even maybe so it's a gamble..However,Joel is a really nice guy, and replies quickly,none of the other Corvette modifiers even replied..He told me via e-mail that my car looked like their parts and that he didn't know if they built it or not and the only way to tell would be a $2500 non-refundable fee..which I think is reasonable if you think you have a high-dollar car you may want to part with for cash later on..I not only did not have the cash, but I had nothing really to aid in the research either.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM

The fee has been $2500.00 for the past few years. That is a hefty hunk of change for an inconclusive letter. I didn't mean to make it seem like I doubt Dan's car. I don't doubt that it could be the real deal. I just don't understand all the animosity toward the whole subject of it. So many people are quick to give Dan a boot in the ass and send him on his way. It almost like Dan saying he has a BABE RUTH baseball you can't read the writing but research proved it to be real but a certain historian claims other wise and says it belonged to Babe the Pig from childrens movies. The car does have a lot of tell tale signs. I just wish it could be provrn one way or another without a doubt.