Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Other Muscle

Old 04-17-2005, 02:57 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Mopar Memorabilia

This collection looks like what Floyd Garret dreams about.
Too bad it's not open to the public, but it doesn't appear that money is an issue. The security might be though.
Truely unbelievable!

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 04-17-2005, 03:34 AM

Unbelievable collection of cars and memorabilia The memorabilia alone is like the top 1% of cool stuff from every swap meet everywhere in the world dumped into one big purpose built display area. He's even got a remarkably nice Chevrolet and Ford memorabila collection going that appears to be just a side thing. Thanks for sharing the pics Charley, I wish I could have seen it in person.

I gotta say, this sure does make the "how do you decorate your garage" thread seem kinda lame.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:38 AM

Anyone know what that SS396 barstool pillow lookin' deal is on the lower left? I've never seen one of those in a merchandising catalog.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:46 AM

Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,147 Posts

They weren't offered in the Official Chevrolet Dealer Merchandising Catalogs.
They were available in the Dealer Aids program,and were manufactured from an Off brand company,that specialized in
catering to the dealers,with selective items.Those pillows were possible in anything the Dealer wanted them to say.
I wouldn't put ANY of those items in a garage.

Charley can you arrange for a group of us to maybe see all this in person someday?

Old 04-17-2005, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They weren't offered in the Official Chevrolet Dealer Merchandising Catalogs.
They were available in the Dealer Aids program,and were manufactured from an Off brand company,that specialized in
catering to the dealers,with selective items.Those pillows were possible in anything the Dealer wanted them to say.
I wouldn't put ANY of those items in a garage.

Charley can you arrange for a group of us to maybe see all this in person someday?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey that pink wall can go with Chucks pink carpet...
Old 04-17-2005, 07:16 PM

I would love to hear the story of how this collection was amassed. Truely incredible. Thanks for taking the time to post all those pics.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:52 PM

The 71 Hemi cuda belonged to Zack Reynolds, grandson of RJ Reynolds, he died in a plane crash in the early 80's, they were from Winston-Salem NC. Enter ford collector Randy Hinson, he bought that Hemi Cuda and two other Mopars from the estate a year after Zack was killed. I have some pics of this car when Randy owned it, I think it 1988 or 1989, I will have to dig them out, but I still have them somewhere, I had no idea how sigifincant this car is at that time. Zack Reynolds nickname was the "Ace", and the Cuda had a few handpainted aces on it when I saw it, but Randy had them removed, and the aces were still painted on it in the pictures, I am going to have to dig those up. One of the other Mopars is a 64, with a Max Wedge 426, with a cast iron cross-ram, iron factory headers and a aluminum front end and the 3rd was a 440 car, I don't know much about Mopars but I am going to hunt for the pics so everyone can see this car 18 years ago, its amazing! You guys won't believe what Randy paid for all three cars. The cool thing about Zack Reynolds was that he bought all his friends a lot of stuff, one story on him, he was going to bike week(Daytona,Myrtle Beach,Sturgis), and all his friends could not afford the trip much less the bikes, well they all got new Harleys and a free trip. I will look hard to find the pics, in might take a while, thats been a long time ago.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend Rich Laaker had the sunroof car. It was built for Gordie Howe. Rich bought it from a guy in West Point, NE named Larry Maas. Rich sold it in the early 80s for about $85K. We couldn't believe he got so much for it LOL.
Probably a $2 million car now. An unreal collection!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no, the car belonged to Garry Unger, who also played for Detroit. He also owned a 1970 Coronet 440-6 purple car.

It had been stated incorrectly in a Mopar magazine that Bobby Hull had owned it, but he always drove Corvettes.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:52 AM

I heard it was Ogie Oglethorpe's car.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:00 AM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
f

[/ QUOTE ]

Charley did you sit in the 71 Six Barrel/automatic Cuda Convertible? 1 of 12 produced. I sold him that car back in 1988....another million dollar car I "gave away" at the time.

Steve's a nice guy though. He is beyond insane when it comes to NOS stuff for his restorations. The car looks awesome. (note jealously here)