Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 05-17-2020, 09:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

This a great event with great cars, I look forward to attending every year. I am happy that a premier level class is being established. That being said, I also agree with Doug on the 2019 results. I feel the level of restoration on his car was exceptional and documented on the forum. His car should have never been in a class with a non-pedigree, non-sponsored home built race car.
I also feel this show is eventually going to turn into a Mopar show. Not that I don’t enjoy looking at Mopar’s but my true love and passion is GM performance.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:32 PM

Angry

One of my major issues with the "roundy round" car is the paint color itself. By looking at it up close and personal, the shade is off. When looking at other Fathom green cars, the car looks too dark. I know fathom green is a dark color, but even under the light the car appears too dark. This is just my two cents but the car's restoration does not hold up to many of the other cars that were up for consideration. I also agree with the origin of the parts that were used for the restoration. If the parts are coming from Japan or China, there is a definite difference in the quality as compared to NOS or original. The "15th Place best finish" Trans Am car is a good looking car, but are we going to throw the merit that original and NOS parts bring to a car out of the equation? The show itself is amazing and the amount of cars is awesome, but the promoters and judges need to take in and weigh all of the factors and attributes of the cars. All of these cars are beautiful, but there are a few that stand above the rest. Comparing that Trans Am car to the 67' Yenko is a blasphemy in the car world.
Attached Images

Last edited by thatmustangkid; 05-17-2020 at 10:42 PM.