Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2017, 03:43 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Been a busy winter so far with three projects on the go and a few engines being built for them.

The first one is this all forged lightweight solid roller assembly with aluminum heads that will be going into my little blue 68 car. A fully balanced, blueprinted small block with Manley internals, Lunati 254/262 solid roller cam, CNC ported aluminum heads with Crower stainless rockers, and a Victor Junior intake. That's been topped by an AED 750HO and behind the new engine is a Lakewood Bell with Hayes Gold Clutch and a fresh M22 Super case trans. Needless to say, the car's going to need some rear suspension upgrades to keep the tires planted and that will come from Comp Trac Bars and Frame Connectors that are going in soon. The first task is to run the new engine on the test stand and get the valve train broken in and lashed while checking everything for leaks. I'll then pull the old motor out, install the rear suspension upgrades, and will wire in a new MSD system within the car. Then it's time to install the new motor and get things ready for some spring test & tune sessions around the nearby mountain twisty’ s. I love springtime with a bunch of performance goodies to test out.

Last edited by NorCam; 12-25-2020 at 02:53 PM.