Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Old 05-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Re: "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

Oh, and Jim. Awesome car! I was particularly finicky when taking pictures of mine to note details like the stripe cut at the side reflectors, painted grease on the deck lid hinge...stuff that shows up on your car!. Good stuff! My car is PS, no PB, console, tach, pedal dress up.

Cheers
Old 05-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

A few updates to post. The suspension is just about done. I'm working on the rear and hope to have that all buttoned up here this month. That'll complete the drivetrain! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Luckily, this is it..NO MORE GREASEY PARTS!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] Now it'll be onto the next phase which will be welding burns and primer dust. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] We do this again, why??? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2016, 12:57 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2016, 01:34 PM

Thanked 3,871 Times in 1,002 Posts

Damn nice!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 05-12-2016, 01:06 PM

Looks great! The outside the exhaust manifold dipstick tube routing and the black handle....many people mess that up - you didn't. :^)
Maybe it's the flash...but - I would re-plate the upper control arm can adjusters, brake backing plates and tie-rod sleeve clamps zinc phos. The strut rods could use some quick black or a light zinc phos plate.....maybe ECS's RPM stuff would help take the shine down a little bit.
Nice work!
Jim
Old 05-17-2016, 11:27 AM

Wonderful car and awesome level of detail.

We need to chat when I tear down my 69 Charger R/T. I could use some help with the details...

Lawrence
69 L71 Roadster Survivor
69 L46 Roadster Survivor (Sold)
69 Z/28 RS
69 Dodge Charger R/T
70 W30 442 Auto Air Survivor
2016 Z06 Coupe M7
70 AAR Cuda (Sold)
69 L78 Chevelle
Old 06-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

OK, sorry for the delay on the updates. There's been so much going on as of late it seems, and every time I sit down the computer update something else comes up! Like the other day I got news that Mercury was transiting the sun. Of course, with a rumor like that, I had to break out the telescope. After the retina surgery, I can now see through both eyes again, so here's the update!!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

I'm wrapping up the drivetrain here and have since got the Dana all buttoned up. Michigan rust really played havok on this thing, and the pitting was pretty severe. I thought about using All Metal on the case to smooth it over, but then thought about the history of the car and leaving some character on the finished product. Plus, I'm lazy. Ain't nobody got time to sand down every fin, nook, and cranny on this rear end! Overall I'm happy with it and think it came out acceptable.

New bearings, seals, etc, as well as the front drums all set to be reinstalled. There are a few minor details on the front hubs I'm missing that I'll correct shortly. (yellow dabs on three studs and a green swipe on one hub...I just can't remember which hub they go on. Have to go back in my notes) Now it's onto the last two major sub-assemblies!

Cheers
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Sparing you all the 1000 photos of a &quot;Before&quot; heater core, here's the finished product minus a stamp that I'm having made up of the part number, and I'm still awaiting a back ordered heater core. Mine didn't do well under the pressure test. It leaked...I mean...don't we all?? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

I'll ad some more here shortly with the stamp and front side after I get the heater core installed. Moving on, it's time to hit the dash!!! Well, not really since then I'd have to fix that dent too... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

It's amazing what storing a car inside will do to a just about 50yr old wiring harness. It's still bendable without sounding like a bowl of Rice Crispies!! All that's needed on those wires is a good cleaning and a small section wrapped again. I blasted the dash and have everything torn down. I'm awaiting new dash bezels, new switch knobs, and sent the heater plate out for a good rechrome job. Dash pads are in perfect shape too!

Cheers
Old 06-22-2016, 06:49 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Here's the dash painted and the radio installed. And since I have to keep this clean for a while longer, might as well start grinding and sanding down some metal on the body. I mean, why not? It's not like dust will coat everything I just did? And there's nothing like having three things on a car going on at once to make sure you get absolutely nothing done....ever...on anything!

My goal on this side was to keep the original quarter panel in place with the factory undercoating intact. I'm going to try and do the same thing on the other side, but there is a bit more work involved there. But for now, here's the driver's side with a new trunk extension clamped in place. Kelly was sad after I showed her the stripped quarter panel. She says, &quot;But, there's no more Beater Bee!!??!&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cry.gif[/img] Nope....there's not! At least hopefully not by the end of the year when it's sitting in a fresh Hemi Orange paint job! More to come....

Cheers