Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Cars to watch at Barrett Jackson

What do the "high" prices say about the buyers or the cars.

Is it just a fact that regardless of hard times and the country in the midst of a recession, there is and always will be inept, uneducated buyers with large egos and wallets full of stupid money.
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO "recreation"
Old 01-15-2009, 04:51 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

No 67 Z's that I've seen at either BJ or Russo...
Old 01-15-2009, 04:59 AM

Mahalo for the info Bruce,

If you see any place take a few pics for me will you.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:07 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Jeff...you know I will!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:17 AM

Hi, I'm fairly new to this website, but been around and well established on other brother websites. My name is Tim(Yankit)and I'd enjoy meeting any members whom are at BJ... Charlie came by and shook my hand at last years BJ and I got to thank him for advise and help purchasing a survivor IPC I bought. I just find it so interesting that society today is so quick to run someone down or look at the negative especially when they don't know what there even talking about...? When you make comments like CamarosRus does what good is expected to come out of it and whom benefits...really no different than our news media does by always telling us how bad off we are in the economy if they'd actually start to say something good once in a while we might actually turn peoples mind set around and get peoples confidence back to really give this economy cooking again. Not looking to start any battles just want to meet some positive members that are willing to help one another rather than stab them in the back. I'll be working in the booth for the Chev Connection in the main BJ inside big tented area and find it to be a blast to help out during the week so stop by and say Hi, I'd enjoy meeting you all down here....I wish everyone has the opportunity to attend one of these events they are really worth coming to atleast once in your life and I bet you'd be hooked too!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,622 Times in 497 Posts

Hey Tim, make sure you meet Ken Tibor while you're there...he is our "most positive" member be sure to ask him about his golf game

good luck and welcome to the nut house....wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 01-15-2009, 04:59 PM

Ditto that....Find Tibor..

Mike
Old 01-15-2009, 06:55 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

Is it just a fact that regardless of hard times and the country in the midst of a recession, there is and always will be inept, uneducated buyers with large egos and wallets full of stupid money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck. Because the buyers don't have the same tastes in cars as you do, doesn't mean they are stupid, inept etc. There are many people that could care less about #'s matching. Are they wrong ? I don't think so. Looks to me like people have come to have a great time and buy a car that they like. There is another world besides our #'s match world. So maybe someone pays 5K more for a car. They don't need to waste months of their time scouring ads, looking at junk etc. They come here and see it all in one place and buy something they like. It doesn't mean they are uneducated or inept.
My take on the auction is the quality of our type car is way down because of no reserve but people are still paying big dough for cars. Sitting here you wouldn't know there was a recession. These are just not the caliber of cars that used to be here.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck. Because the buyers don't have the same tastes in cars as you do, doesn't mean they are stupid, inept etc. There are many people that could care less about #'s matching. Are they wrong ? I don't think so. Looks to me like people have come to have a great time and buy a car that they like. There is another world besides our #'s match world. So maybe someone pays 5K more for a car. They don't need to waste months of their time scouring ads, looking at junk etc. They come here and see it all in one place and buy something they like. It doesn't mean they are uneducated or inept.
My take on the auction is the quality of our type car is way down because of no reserve but people are still paying big dough for cars. Sitting here you wouldn't know there was a recession. These are just not the caliber of cars that used to be here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Charley.......Most of the people that are here could care less about the #'s thing...."And" .....It's hard to tell that there is a Economic Slowdown by the Activity here.........It's a Big Used Car Lot.....Nothing More.....Nothing Less.......

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 01-15-2009, 07:38 PM

Did a 1969 427/435hp vette sell for 50K last night. Anyone know the quality of the car?

Thanks, Patrick