Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,076 Times in 1,321 Posts
Default Re: Supercar Workshop

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a post somewhere that will explain what you guys are talking about? Looks like I missed something. Is there a problem with guys like me being a member of this site who don't have "Supercars"? If so, I will move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony, not sure why you interpreted the above posts that way. Everyone is welcome even ford lover . All we ask is for everyone to follow the rules, and have fun which is what this hobby is about. I wish I could find a Tony Sucks Icon, and then you would feel the love, but this will do....

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a post somewhere that will explain what you guys are talking about? Looks like I missed something. Is there a problem with guys like me being a member of this site who don't have "Supercars"? If so, I will move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony, no thats not what anyone is saying.. I do not own a supercar and I belong to the site and am a member. There are lots of others also like this.. It's all about the hobby and people like the others have said.. I totally agree with that!

But with the Supercar Reunion Show its nice to see just that, Supercars... I know there were some stipulations as to what cars could be brought there.. This is still a great site with tons of knowledgeable people and where you can learn something new everyday about this hobby!!

Rich
Old 02-19-2009, 08:37 PM

Come on Tone, You are an important cog in this wheel. You have alot to offer!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:54 PM

Haven't been online much recently....only to check on Charley's 70 Z28 and the recent Copo barn find, so I missed what has taken place.

I would like to say as someone who has been here for some time, I have always enjoyed seeing the Supercar Workshop work. I have learned a tremendous amount of knowledge from them and think they are a great asset to the site. Plus Brian and Joe are very good guys.

I don't know what the issue is but I truly hope it's something that will work itself out.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 PM

Just want to add my .02 for the hopeful return of Brian and Joe, aka The SCW.

Everybody here may be equal, but fact is that Brian and company is very influential in the SuperCar "hobby".

Many people will follow Brian's lead, whether it be here, there or where ever.

I have seen many leave this site over the years such as Kevin Suydam to name only one.

Camaros At Carlisle 1st Gen LEGENDS Judging lost BKH in 2008'. Somebody find the statistics of what % of 1st Gen LEGENDS entrants were SCW customers, since the classes inception. I greatly respect the man, and just dont want the "hobby" to lose a valuble asset.

I am asking that whomever can and will, extend an olive branch and bring the SCW, back. I would miss him eternally.

Sincerely, Chuck
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO &quot;recreation&quot;
Old 02-19-2009, 10:04 PM

Well said Chuck.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't meant to be Funny. Seems thats where this show has been heading. Just calling it as i see it, different strokes for different folks. I recall years ago that this show was to be all about Supercars of the Past and maybe some more present. Certainly not Pro touring cars and the Unusual circus cars. Didn't think i had to travel half way cross the country to see what i can go to the local book stand and thumb through the Latest HOT ROD mag and find. Just calling it as i see it. This is just MY OPINION and iam sure there are alot of fine people on this board that want to see this stuff and who am i to Judge.
The "MOF"

[/ QUOTE ]

A great Supercar show would consist of good people,plenty of Awesome Supercars &amp; or other great Muscle Cars filling the venue such as other members cars included. This seems to be a great way for all enthusiasts to get together without having the we are better then you so you can never come attitude. Charlie's alway's done good &amp; it's all for fun in my opinion..
Old 02-19-2009, 11:55 PM

To clear things up a tad, Brian was not banned, just a request by him to remove the SCW banner and Forum catagory from our site. As always, his contributions are always welcome.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now this can not be a GOOD sign. If there is No SCW what cool cars are we going to look at? The Reunion will be ALOT thinner. Or maybe the west coast can bring more of the pro touring kind of cars to the show that would be AWESOME. Well no more Vette Fest and NO reunions to go to guess alot of east coast guys and gals will get to save alot of fuel not having to go the the Midwest. This board is going DOWN HILL in a HURRY. But like they say ONE door close's and another door OPENS.
The "MOF"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just a pea on that hangs out here periodically. I bought Brian's green 69 yenko camaro many years ago, consider him a leader with these cars. I found your post offensive, west coasters, pro tourers etc. get over yourself dude.

Brian, thanks for all you do for the hobby and this site. I wish you the best.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:10 AM

I have always felt very highly of the guys at the Supercar Workshop and will continue to regardless of their being sponsors or not.
They have always been an asset to all at this site and I also hope they continue to give their input.
....I still refer them to those who want the best restoration in the country to their supercars.