Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-29-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: 1969 yenko chevelle on ebay

Interesting...then the email I got back during the Ebay auction was from a broker, or his brother, or...?
[ QUOTE ]

Date: Monday, October 04, 2004 8:13 AM
RE: Ebay auction 2491802910

Fist would would like to explain the position of AAEML. AAEML is an advertising company that creates ebay auction ads for clients. Our clients either have their own ebay account or we create one for them "That is why yenkocopo has a zero rating". We do this so all our clients build their identity, not ours and the fact most of our clients have several cars to sell.

We believe that what our clients tell us they have to sell, they actually have. I have spoke to people from Yenko and Copo and neither can say for sure that this is not what our clients say that is. If either Yenko or Copo could tell me 100% that this car is a fraud, we would of pulled the auction, but being under contract with our clients we had no choice but to run this auction to the end. Besides nobody would buy a car like this off of ebay or anywhere else with out an inspection of the vehicle.

Tony
AAEML

[/ QUOTE ]
Of more interest is the fact that during the auction the seller (Mike, or Tony, or AAEML, or whoever it was) was telling people that both my father and Warren knew of the car and they believed it was real, which was totally untrue...dad knew nothing of the car other than the Hemmings ad, and Warren knew nothing of the car either (and he was in charge of the Hi-perf/Racing department at Yenko back in the day). Neither believed the part about Sun or the McMurray address, or why there were repop emblems on the car...

Anyway, after the auction, the seller called dad about 1/2 dozen times about the car, wondering why we dis-believed the story surrounding it...btw, the part about finding the window sticker laminated, and behind the rear seat was a nice touch! Anyway, as I told "Tony", my thoughts were the car was probably indeed a COPO, from a dealer other than Yenko (being black I guessed Scuncio), and somewhere along the line one of it's owner's was told that only Yenko got 427 Chevelles so on went the paint/stripes/emblems to help justify it's 427 origins...

Believe me, being a Chevelle guy I was hoping and praying it was the real deal...
Old 05-29-2005, 01:07 AM

Kind of off topic, but was the small, "late model" style of cage normal for the Lakewood bars, as seen in the pics below?

Old 05-29-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
..much easier to lend credibilty to a FAKE document when the actual pics of the supposed "real" documents are this freakin crappy

hard to believe in the year 2005 that the ONLY photos of a "supposed" 300k car and its 'documentation' look like they were done with 1910 technology and a drunkard pushing the button....

That does it !!!!! I just spent a quarter and called COLUMBO >>> He will find out who the fakes are

LMAO
Old 05-29-2005, 02:22 AM

I have never seen anything like that before.....well you guys are doing your home work...we are starting to get to the bottom of all this...what I did here was present the side that was presented to us....I did it so that you,the experts can give me all the info that may pertain to this car...the only problem to all of this...most of you wanted to hang me...I DON"T OWN THE CAR .....we refused to represent it when it was brought forward to our attention...I just kept it to myself until now....however I still think there's a lot more to the story......did he fake the car???was it in fact a built racer that was a Malibu...by Yenko??..I will try and get more info this week...in the mean time.....be nice to me, will ya??
Old 05-29-2005, 02:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen anything like that before.....well you guys are doing your home work...we are starting to get to the bottom of all this...what I did here was present the side that was presented to us....I did it so that you,the experts can give me all the info that may pertain to this car...the only problem to all of this...most of you wanted to hang me...I DON"T OWN THE CAR .....we refused to represent it when it was brought forward to our attention...I just kept it to myself until now....however I still think there's a lot more to the story......did he fake the car???was it in fact a built racer that was a Malibu...by Yenko??..I will try and get more info this week...in the mean time.....be nice to me, will ya??

[/ QUOTE ]

This particular car was buried on this board last year.. You dug it back up.. but It seems that the owner of this car is still trying to push the whole "rare Yenko L88 thing" to anyone who will listen with the hope if getting maximum dollar for a car that clearly isn't worth it.. Maybe if he hangs onto it in silence for another 30 years till the next generation moves in he'll have better luck at making a nothing car into "something"....

If you're not up to your elbows with this car already I'd suggest getting a bar of soap and wash your hands of it.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:11 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Ed...calm down.. I believe he said it has already sold. Maybe someone can post a pic of a real 69 Yenko sticker to compare...
Old 05-29-2005, 06:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

[ QUOTE ]
Ed...calm down..

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-29-2005, 06:58 AM

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shorcoffee...offee/my_photos
Old 05-29-2005, 07:04 AM

Yahtzee!
Old 05-30-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Love the window sticker. McMurray, PA?

Mike S. owned the car since 72......he bought it from YENKO.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone tell me how this adds up...

Mike allegedly bought the car in '72, from Yenko, and the address on the *window sticker* he has is addressed to McMurray, PA...but we have the tape that Don Yenko made of the actual radio broadcast for the GROUND BREAKING for the McMurray, PA, Yenko dealership...the date on the tape, you ask? November 28, 1972...