Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Pit Area - Racing

Old 04-20-2020, 01:24 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
I believe the #4 highest way people die annually in Az is respiratory issues, around 3400.
A lot of older people move to Arizona because they have respiratory issues. So it would make sense that they would eventually die there.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhop View Post
A lot of older people move to Arizona because they have respiratory issues. So it would make sense that they would eventually die there.
Actually it’s 4th in US too at 160k and the The top 3 in AZ account for around 30 k and are common in all states and countries.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:30 PM

I'm not sure a number comparison is all that accurate when you take into account the amount of people living here compared to other states. A percentage might be more accurate?

Over 7 million people live in AZ and it's climbing, over 120,000 moved here in just the last year alone. I think close to 4 million just in Phoenix and is considered the 4th largest city in the country or something close to that.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracketracer-78 View Post
Numidia dragway is opening on 5/1 with or without the governments blessing. I spoke to a lot of businesses that are still open because they are considered essential and they said they can get by with everything c!osed for two months but at month three they will be in trouble. We are entering month two.
I finally had the time to sit down and watch the video that started this thread. I can't say I disagree with him and some things he hinted at does make you wonder. I'm hoping things get back to normal at the projected May 1st date that Governor Ducey stated for Arizona when this first started. I'd hate to see this extended further.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:36 PM

Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,147 Posts

Or re-bound and issue a Quarantine again later on down the line too.I know social distancing sucks for all of us,but I'd rather stay the course & do this NOW,then have to go through all this again in a few more months.Not to mention the tremendous strain that would put on our already strained Healthcare workers/Hospitals if we did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
nova7579 (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 04:45 PM

The social distancing doesn't bother me so much, some might say I've practiced that for 40 years, lol. My cars have practiced social distancing for decades, I always park out in the boonies

What I'd like to see is things get back to normal. A lot of strangeness going on right now.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:10 PM

Another point of view... think about it

https://www.aier.org/article/stand-u...-m-wittkowski/
The Following User Says Thank You to Crush For This Useful Post:
BCreekDave (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:

True stuff, but like many things it benefits from the advantage of hindsight which we are just now starting to get to. What if the lethality of Covid-19 turned out to be much more than we know now or originally anticipated? So we didn't close the schools, the kids got sick and say 25% of them died? Would that have been acceptable? We would have developed the herd immunity, but lost much of a generation. I'm sure we would have told our folks in government good job done, let's go to the races! We still don't fully understand the morphology of this disease. Why some get it with few symptoms and others, not just the old, get it and degrade rapidly to death. There are still folks out there that say its just another seasonal flu. To generalize a disease based on previous types of similar strains seems kind of foolhardy, but he does have the Phd!
Old 04-20-2020, 06:23 PM

I guess I'm one that hasn't been all that worried about it. I haven't even had a flu shot in 25 years, and never had the flu. I rarely even get a mild head cold, maybe once every 2-3 years. My wife and son are about the same. We just rarely ever get sick, we're pretty healthy people that practice good hygiene and stay in shape.
I would guess the elderly and people with underlying health conditions would be most at risk so I can understand the need for some of this social distancing, but it just hasn't been very consistent, least not here anyway.

I work from home anyway so I'm not around people much to begin with unless I have visitors or I run errands. My wife works for the government and military contracts so she's not shutting down. About the only person it's really changed here is my son, as he is finishing his college year at home on line and he doesn't mind that at all.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:

George Carlin had a funny skit many years ago about germs and immune systems that sounded very similar to this, lol.