Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Old 06-28-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Patricks wicked GSX..............

I owned my first muscle car in 1982. Just after high school. It was a 1970 Chevelle. 396/375hp car. I loved that car. I only owned the car for a year, but told myself I would own another muscle car someday. Fast forward to 2003. With 40 approaching soon, I knew it was now or never for me!!! Time to buy myself another car. After a lot of consideration. I decided on a Buick GSX. 510ft lbs of torque with the Stage 1 455. Its reputation understood only by those who knew of its performance. This was the car for me. Only 178 of them made in Apollo White for 1970. 678 total. The others being built in Saturn Yellow. My next step was to find one! Easier said than done. I decided to call my uncle in Florida. He being a Buick nut, he could surely find me one. Yeah right!!! He knew of none for sale, but promised to keep his eye open. I posted in the "Cars Wanted" section here on Yenko.net and also over at V8Buick. No luck. After desperately searching for over a year for the right car, my uncle called. "I found your GSX" he said. He told me the car was in the Nashville Tennessee area. Apollo White, stage 1 loaded car possibly for sale. He gave me the phone number of the owner and said "Don't wait to long to call this guy". After speaking to the owner over the phone and listening to his description of this completely numbers matching car, I hopped on a plane to Nashville. The car blew me away. The car spent most of its life in the south. Never exposed to the elements. The owner prior to me bought the car in 1987 and did a complete restoration. The car won a Senior with the Buick Club of America and with the Antique Automobile Club of America in the early 90's. The car is equipped with air-conditioning, power steering, power brakes, AM/FM radio, tinted glass and drives incredibly nice. Buick really got this car right when they wanted a piece of the muscle car market back in 1970. However, with poor advertising and being a little late to the market, not many were built and sold. Oh!! By the way. When I first called my uncle, he had no leads on a Buick GSX. But he did sell me his Hemi-Challenger. Which I love as much as the Buick. The 455 stage 1 Buick and the Hemi-Challenger, challenge each other every year at the F.A.S.T drags duking it out for top honors. So now I can get satisfaction arguing with myself over which one is faster. The Stage 1 or the Hemi. If I had to answer. I know I would change my mind each time I was asked. Thanks, Patrick

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 146106-gsx.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,147 Posts
Default Re: Patricks wicked GSX..............

That's wicked pissah!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:16 AM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

Wow Now your talkin!

Patrick, your car is way cool!

Congratulations on such a nice ride!

By the way...can I have it??? Sorry Charley!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:16 AM

Nice car, Patrick. No shortage of torque in that garage, from the looks of it.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:55 AM

Patrick... You bring your car to the PlayLand or Fox Lane High School car shows? I KNOW I have seen that GTX before!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:13 AM

with all due respect to Rally's THAT IS THE BIG BUFORD.....
and a Hemi Challenger to boot, way cool....
Old 06-28-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick... You bring your car to the PlayLand or Fox Lane High School car shows? I KNOW I have seen that GTX before!

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume your referring to the GSX. This car has been in New York for around 2 months now. Never been to Westchester County. I know their is one down that way. A pretty nice one way to say the least!! I showed have mentioned in the description that about 65% of these cars came with the Stage I motor. The others came with the standard 455.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:26 PM

Patrick,

Killer, killer rides! let's hear more about the Hemi as well.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick,

Killer, killer rides! let's hear more about the Hemi as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Challenger is 1 of 287 Hemi-Challengers made in 1970. Far fewer than Hemi-Cudas. It was ordered by a Dodge Salesman who worked at Vissings Dodge in Jeffersonville, Indiana. He raced NHRA Division III at Indianapolis Raceway Park and Bowling Green Raceway. It is FE5 Red, black interior and ordered Stripe and radio delete. 4.10 rear automatic car. 29,000 mile car. Spent most of its life in Texas and Florida. It is "One" of "Two" documented Hemi-Challengers that left the factory with a T/A hood. The other car no-longer exsists. This information I got Galen Govier. Also ordered with front and rear spoilers. Car has paperwork and letters from both the original owner and selling dealer detailing its race history. Raced against some Sox &amp; Martin sponsored cars and a Glidden Mustang. Car has been in my family for over 20 years! Patrick
Old 06-28-2005, 08:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

Your challenger sounds damn cool too. Get some pics of it to Belair We wanna see