Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-Wanted

Please note

Old 12-15-2022, 02:46 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default WTB: Chevy car roller project on West Coast (SF bay area even better).

Hey guys,

I’m putting feelers out for some sort of Chevy car roller project. I’ve got a nice perked up SBC and Muncie 4 speed (OEM from my 1st 73 Z/28 from back in the 70’s) that could use a good home…

The project cars advertised locally lately have been mostly way overpriced junk. One of you guys out there might have an interesting decent project that you would be willing to part with, hence my post. Perhaps you could use the garage space, or just lost interest?

Any interesting Chevy from the mid 50’s through the mid 70’s could possibly work (pre 1975 – no smog required in CA). I want to build another Cars-n-Coffee type of cruiser. No rare numbers matching date coded car this time around, just something to have fun with wasting gas and cruising.

I can handle pretty much anything mechanical, electrical, trim or interior-wise, etc., but no all rusted out types that needs some serious bodywork (as in welding required, bolt-on parts might be OK) or complete repaints. Anything from a decent paint job to a faded out patina effect would be fine, I just don’t want to go through the painful restoration paint process ever again.

Ex Hot Rods, race cars, flared wierdos, etc. do not bother me. Clean paperwork is a must though.

I find myself without a Camaro for the 1st time is 50 years, so of course one of those would be awesome. But basically I love and appreciate them all, so don’t be shy to share what you might be willing to let go.

I am too old and too lazy to travel very far, so anything within a reasonable travel distance to the SF bay area would be much preferred. I’m a cash and car trailer (with winch) kind of guy, so no issues or games there, and am willing to pay a fair market price for your rig if it appeals to me.

So quit hoarding all the good stuff out there and share what you have with a fellow enthusiast !

Feel free to PM me at your convenience with your story and we can go from there.

And thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings… Charlie
1967Z28 (12-15-2022), 67 Nova Boy (12-15-2022), cruiserofland (12-16-2022), dustinm (12-15-2022), jerry455 (12-15-2022), John (12-15-2022), NorCam (12-15-2022), olredalert (12-15-2022), PeteLeathersac (12-15-2022)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-15-2022, 10:33 PM

Hi Charlie- great timing on this post-
I have a '74 Chevrolet Malibu roller, done up as Bobby Allison #12 Coca Cola that I'm at a point where selling might be a good move. Clean CA. title on Non-Op. Has 3:42 10 bolt Posi and most importantly three pedals inside! I'll PM you if interested with some pics etc. Comes with a lot of parts, very solid car just too much on my plate with my industry in a tail-spin. (Mortgage Biz)
No idea what it's worth, but would love to see someone make this car come to life.
Let me know if interested? I can text some pics for a quick look.
**Also, I'm in San Jose CA.
Jerry

Last edited by jerry455; 12-15-2022 at 11:06 PM. Reason: adding location
Old 12-16-2022, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry455 View Post
Hi Charlie- great timing on this post-
I have a '74 Chevrolet Malibu roller, done up as Bobby Allison #12 Coca Cola that I'm at a point where selling might be a good move. Clean CA. title on Non-Op. Has 3:42 10 bolt Posi and most importantly three pedals inside! I'll PM you if interested with some pics etc. Comes with a lot of parts, very solid car just too much on my plate with my industry in a tail-spin. (Mortgage Biz)
No idea what it's worth, but would love to see someone make this car come to life.
Let me know if interested? I can text some pics for a quick look.
**Also, I'm in San Jose CA.
Jerry
Hey Jerry,

Thank you so much for your response. That sounds like quite an interesting project you have there...

I wouldn't mind a bit more info on it just for "shits-n-giggles" at least if you don't mind.

On the plus side, San Jose is waaaay closer than some of the cars I have considered! I can almost see you from up here in Petaluma - LOL

PM me at your convenience and we can continue this conversation a bit further.

Thanks again,
Charlie
Old 12-25-2022, 12:40 AM

Contact Russell Rosales also in the San Jose area. He does many projects and also finds many real decent projects to do.
He is a real good dude too!
The Following User Says Thank You to Salvatore For This Useful Post:
hubleyman (12-25-2022)