Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - United States

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2021, 01:24 AM

Default 'Blue Mule' '69 COPO Camaro

I just joined this forum after reading for a while, and this is my first post.

Several years ago I bought my prized '69 COPO Camaro, but just recently had a desire to document more of its history - owners, other people associated with it, competition history & photos. The car is in the Supercar Registry and has been inspected and certified by Jerry MacNeish. My research on the internet (many posts by Dan P) and speaking with a few key individuals, has revealed most of the owners (I think), but I am still seeking more about the car's competition history and photos at the track. Briefly, the car (LeMans Blue) was sold by Malcolm Konner Chevrolet and sometime in the '80s was turned into a drag racing car under ownership of Joe Corbo of Somerville, NJ. Bob Durenheim and Tony Fiel were primarily responsible for the conversion. It was campaigned as the 'Blue Mule' in NHRA events in the mid-80's at Englishtown and other tracks by Tom Martino, who has enjoyed a long and successful racing career. I spoke to Tom (very modest) who said he was very young when he raced it, was only interested in racing at the time (circa '85-'86), and does not have any photos or results to share.

The car also appeared the at SuperCar Reunion in '08, after restoration.

I would appreciate anyone who could contribute competition photos or race results for the car. The car was restored circa 2007 by Ken Schoenthaler.

Thx
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kgb69 For This Useful Post:
68 Chevy II (01-16-2021), bbbentley (01-17-2021), Carleen (01-16-2021), NorCam (02-11-2021), PeteLeathersac (01-16-2021), ruralrte66 (01-16-2021)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...