Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Garages/shops..

Old 02-13-2017, 02:36 AM

Default Re: "GLOWing" LED light review (no pun intended lol)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69b5bee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gary Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://www.ruralking.com/4-led-shopl...500-lumen.html</div></div>

Have you used these? There is plenty of Rural King's around me that I could buy from if they are decent </div></div>

I put some up in my shop recently. Instant on and full bright with no hum like the existing fluorescent lights. There are 50 some reviews on that page, all are quite good.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,768 Times in 747 Posts

Anybody have any experience with these supposed direct replacement lamp tubes? I have 8' fixtures and it would be nice to be able to just swap the lamps out.

8' LED direct replacement

Thanks

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 02-13-2017, 07:50 PM

AND as usual...........there's a catch. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]

Turns out LED lights can cause interference with radios and other electronic devices.

As fate would have it, these lights render my shop stereo useless...unless I want to listen to white noise buzzing while I work. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Haven't tried the garage door remote opener yet. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smirk.gif[/img]

How is it that I always find out about this kind'a [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img] <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">AFTER</span></span> the fact???
Old 02-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

That's interesting info....wonder if that is what is causing problems w my wifi?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:30 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VintageMusclecar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AND as usual...........there's a catch. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]

Turns out LED lights can cause interference with radios and other electronic devices.

As fate would have it, these lights render my shop stereo useless...unless I want to listen to white noise buzzing while I work. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Haven't tried the garage door remote opener yet. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smirk.gif[/img]

How is it that I always find out about this kind'a [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img] <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">AFTER</span></span> the fact??? </div></div>

I just bought the same LED lights at Menard's. They aren't up yet but I plugged them in and get no noise from my stereo system. Could it be something else?
2023 Stingray Coupe Z51
Old 02-14-2017, 11:45 PM

I moved the stereo today as far away from the LED's as I could, made a big difference but the one light closest to the stereo still makes it buzz a little bit. I'm going to put one of the old fluorescents back up in that spot and move the LED to the other side of the shop, that should suffice for now.

Thinking it may be related to not having 3 prong grounded outlets.