Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Got my NCRS Document today, Bauman Chevrolet, PA??

Has anyone had any luck with vintage title searches in Penn? Getting ready to send off the paperwork and confidence is low.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:33 PM

Since you bought the car in Wisconsin in 1989 and it was titled in Pennsylvania prior to that date, you will likely get a letter back from Penndot stating that they searched their records and they could find no record of your vehicle in their files. This is because Penndot has two systems. The first system is the system they search and it includes all current records and the most information. This system however may or may not note that the record has been purged. If the record has been purged, it "should" be on the second system or at least there should be a reference to the purge date in the second system and the owner information would then be on a disc in the research department. This is all provided that the record was originally put onto the computer. (This appears to have happened sometimes and not others). Additionally, if the person performing the search does not know what he/she is looking for or how to navigate the old systems you may get a letter stating no record available when a record is actually "available" the searcher however did not know how to retrieve it. In any search submitted to Penndot I would include a cover letter specifically asking them to perform a manual search of purged records, including microfilmed or indexed records of purged data in response to your request.

Best of Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to elcamino72 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (05-22-2021)
Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

When you submit the form, select 'title history' and ask for the oldest archived record. Those 2 things have gotten me the best results, but no guarantee's - apparently, a large amount of records were 'lost' and they are not in either computer. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)