Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 05-28-2020, 02:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,169 Posts
Default Complete first gen Z/28 TI set up.

First Gen Z/28 TI set up, very complete, other than mounting bolts.

This isn’t for everyone. But, every once in a while I read about someone wanting to do a trans am car, or at least a clone.
I keep waffling between installing this on my Z/28 or selling the whole shooting match.

Here is what I have:

1. Two complete wire harnesses. One has had the outer cloth covering removed. I have no idea why. Would be easy to put something back on that would look original.
The other wire harness is NOS still in the package. I have the remnants of the package, and can guarantee you it has never been installed.

2. Nos (I have pictures of the box, but the box has since disintegrated) 1111267 distributor made specifically for the first gen Z/28. Dated May 20, 1969. I guarantee it has the band that came on it, and it has never been off. It has “532” stamped in the bottom of the advance weight plate. Does not have “CCW” stamped there as many of the 480 distributors have. Still has the original vac advance, marked MS 400 15.

3. Super rare BROWN distributor cap that came with many over the counter TI distributors. This cap is NOT NOS, but has had very light use. Installed, you will not be able to distinguish it from a brand new one.

4. Original used 207 coil made specifically for a TI distributor.

5. Original used amplifier. The sticker fell off, but I assume it is part number 1115343 as it has the 27 inch pigtail wire harness, and the earlier ones just had a 3 prong plug.

6. Aftermarket mounting plate bought from HB City, to mount the amplifier on the center radiator brace in front of the heat sources.

I can absolutely guarantee this distributor works perfectly. I just ran it on my Sun distributor machine last night (had to use the special amplifier adapter to run it). Advance runs up nice and smooth as it should. Vac advance works smoothly as well. When I pinched off the vac source, it did not bleed down at all, regardless of how long I left it pinched off.

I have no way to test the amp and coil. Well, I guess, I could put the coil on my 83 BMW as it has transistorized ignition, but I am not 100% it is compatible. The other option would be to install the whole set up on my car, and give it a go. Really don’t want to do that. What I will do is buy you buy you a new coil if this one doesn’t work. TI Specialty has them (real USA made ones, not Chinese crap ) for $155. I will also agree to pay Dave F at TI Specialty to rebuild this amplifier if it does not work. I am 99% confident that both are good.

Boxed very securely, insured and shipped to the lower 48 for $2,000. For Canadians, I will ship actual cost and be happy to mark as antique auto parts. I must still insure for the full amount. I will let you deal with customs and taxes as you wish.
If I can’t get that for this very rare complete set up, back in storage it goes. Who knows, when the 302 goes back into my Z, I may finally put this set up on it.

For serious buyers, I can take many more pics of anything you wish. Ask any questions you want.
Attached Images

O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 05-28-2020, 10:47 PM

Didn't even think about this, but I don't think I have a rotor in the picture. I know I had a rotor on this distributor at one time, so I must have used it on something else.

It takes the standard rotor.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:58 PM

SOLD, pending payment.