Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 06-01-2016, 01:16 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1 of 617...Gold Chicken Lips

Someone please buy this car - it's driving me crazy! Will be killer car to be sure!!!!!!!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/tired.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2016, 11:32 AM

Sequoia green is such a unique color. It was used on a lot of full size cars. X2 for Sequoia green with ivy gold interior it just looks great. Remember Tom has a complete Ivy gold interior from a low mile 68 car. The Ivy gold interior actually has three shades of different green/gold throughout the interior. It’s very hard to replicate these colors. This was my old sequoia green 68 L78 Toms car doesn’t have a vinyl top and is a bench seat car.
I dyed my dash pad, kick panels, metal dash and A pillars ivy gold they actually supposed to be a shade of green.

[URL=http://s35.photobucket.com/user/jasonchale/media/68%20L78/0012-2.jpg.html][/URL
Old 06-01-2016, 04:22 PM

Ivy gold w/ correct shade dash...almost Green.

BIG

[img]https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics...610939406_5517[/img]
Old 06-08-2016, 06:17 PM

Thanked 1,596 Times in 490 Posts

Perhaps this information will help some of you 'fence sitters' make a move.

As you all know, the 68 Nova is a one year only car in many ways and as such, requires a good working knowledge of the unique details. We are fortunate to have a 68 expert whose skills and quality of work are well known to the site members here...Jason Hale.
Jason lives a little north of me, but close enough by country standards to be considered a neighbor [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Jason has demonstrated his talents on 2 different 68 Novas that have been featured here...his 68 L78 [same color as mine] and the Fathom Blue L79 which was a feature car in Hemming's Muscle Machines and even made a trip to BJ in Florida.

Jason has agreed to do the restoration on the 68 L78 if the new owner is so inclined. I will also help the process by adding in a few extras to help make the deal even easier.

1..I will pay for transportation to Jason's shop

2..I will pay for a 'check-up' and 'freshening' of the motor at my shop, Boyd's Motorworks...Jack did the L78 in our Autumn Gold 70 and the L79 in Barry Volkert's 65 Chevelle...his work is first rate. This will include transportation to and from his shop and delivery to Jason. **Note the engine was done professionally before I bought the car..it has been in climate controlled storage, oiled and turned over periodically. I'm sure everything is fine...but, this car is all about the motor, so I want the purchaser to have complete confidence.

3...I will store the 6,000 mile original interior in our shop until it is time for the install. This way it won't be in Jason's way and it will be safely protected.

4...I will also help by providing [no charge] any minor parts, bolts, hardware, etc. that Jason made need during the restoration. There are always little odds and ends that come up...if I have them I'll be happy to help out. We have a shop full of parts [like most of you guys]...they might as well go to a worthy cause.

5...I will also provide the new owner with all the info and history I have on the car, including details from numerous phone calls with the original owner.

I would like to see this car go to a good home and it would also be nice to be part of the restoration process. I have no doubt the car will turn out great in Jason's capable hands. This car may not be 1 of 1...but, it's damn close. I have never seen another 68 L78/M22 Nova, with born with driveline and documentation...if it's out there, it must be hiding [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

So, there you have it...call me..email me..send a PM..or drop by for a visit. Let's get this car up to Jason and get things started...should make for a hell of a build thread on the SYC [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img]

Thanks, Tom
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-10-2016, 02:44 PM

We will be moving the car to our main shop tomorrow to make it easier for those interested to come and see it. [a little too rainy today].

I'll take a few new photos to share and be waiting for your call [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

Thanks, Wilma

**I check pretty regularly on the internet to see if there are any other 68 L78 Novas for sale...haven't seen one yet...maybe they are all hiding [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

***found this old link to the Hemmings article about the 68 L79 car Jason did a few years back...great reading...the photos really showcase his work [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

http://www.hemmings.com/magazine/mus...9/3735921.html
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-10-2016, 09:58 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will be moving the car to our main shop tomorrow to make it easier for those interested to come and see it. [a little too rainy today].

I'll take a few new photos to share and be waiting for your call [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

Thanks, Wilma

**I check pretty regularly on the internet to see if there are any other 68 L78 Novas for sale...haven't seen one yet...maybe they are all hiding [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

***found this old link to the Hemmings article about the 68 L79 car Jason did a few years back...great reading...the photos really showcase his work [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

</div></div>

thanks for posting that article. i've seen this car in person a few times now as we know the current owner. he bought it when it was at either BJ or mecum and has it as part of his very extensive collection. very cool car for me to learn about from my buddies, especially when standing right in front of it [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2016, 10:52 PM

Yes...the 68 L79 was a first rate resto...unique car..L79, 3 spd and factory a/c...I doubt you could find another.

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-11-2016, 11:36 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will be moving the car to our main shop tomorrow to make it easier for those interested to come and see it. [a little too rainy today].

Thanks, Wilma

</div></div>

thanks for posting that article. i've seen this car in person a few times now as we know the current owner. he bought it when it was at either BJ or mecum and has it as part of his very extensive collection. very cool car for me to learn about from my buddies, especially when standing right in front of it [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

Oh man I had no Idea where the car ended up. I sent you a PM!
Old 07-11-2016, 05:44 PM

With the help of my neighbor Billy we got the 68 L78 moved to the main garage. We didn't have a power winch....took a little longer with a come-along [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/tired.gif[/img]

Anyway, it is now safe and sound and 'resting' next to its other Nova relatives [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

This a solid car...all we need is new home [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Come take a look and see what you think...every visitor gets a free ride in either of the black L78's...4 spd or auto...your choice [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img]

wilma

loaded up for the trip...

the VIN engine is close to where it belongs..

those wheel dollies make tight quarters easy to navaigate..

6,000 mile 'take out' original interior

all tucked in...

sleeping beauties...
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-11-2016, 06:58 PM

Free ride in an L78 nova?? can i drive? YEAAA