Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 11-01-2014, 01:16 AM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts
Default Re: Musclecar and Corvette Nationals...MCACN

Big one is less than 1/4 tank of fuel in your car when you move in...otherwise the car doesn't go inside [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Fire Marshall rules... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

That's an interesting one Bruce. I remember as a kid in the 70's and 80's doing all the indoor shows with my hot rodder father and they wanted the cars as close to empty as possible. Nowadays all the cars have to be as close to full as possible or you will be turned away.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:38 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevlisa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My father and I are attending the show for the first time this year and we're bringing a car. Is there anything we need to know that's specific the MCACN show? My dad is waiting for his packet to arrive in the mail in the next few days regarding the car and placement in the show etc... I believe we're staying in a Hilton Hotel across the street from the Convention Center. I think we have it all covered, just don't want to miss anything. We're driving from NJ, leaving Thursday night or very early Friday, assuming it's a 12-13 hour drive with a trailer. The only thing I know about the show is from internet pictures, looking forward to attending in person, especially with a car. </div></div>

Having done the trip twice from central NJ, I would advise you to allocate 18 to 24 hours for the trip. You do have to stop for fuel, to eat, to experience a blown headgasket, to have the truck towed 125 miles home from the middle of PA, to call a friend, borrow his truck, hook up trailer and start all over again.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

If I were you, I would leave Thursday morning. That way it is a leisurely trip. Bring extra trailer tires, too.
</div></div>

Now THAT is the voice of experience! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 11-02-2014, 12:44 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevlisa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My father and I are attending the show for the first time this year and we're bringing a car. Is there anything we need to know that's specific the MCACN show? My dad is waiting for his packet to arrive in the mail in the next few days regarding the car and placement in the show etc... I believe we're staying in a Hilton Hotel across the street from the Convention Center. I think we have it all covered, just don't want to miss anything. We're driving from NJ, leaving Thursday night or very early Friday, assuming it's a 12-13 hour drive with a trailer. The only thing I know about the show is from internet pictures, looking forward to attending in person, especially with a car. </div></div>

Move-in letters/instructions are being assembled (literally) right now, and will go out next week.

Always great to have new folks in the mix. As the guys said, be sure to sit and read the very explicit (and long) move-in and instructions packet. We try to have all the possible information, so it is long, but if you read through it, your experience will be much easier and without any unexpected surprises.

The only other thing I would stress is to ask questions any time you aren't sure. Our staff, along with the participants WILL either have or will get the answers to any questions you may have. We work very hard to make the entire experience fun and exciting and we really appreciate your efforts. Believe me, being someone who has shown cars and been a vendor, I understand how much work goes in to showing your car.

Looking forward to meeting you and your Dad!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 11-02-2014, 12:50 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's an interesting one Bruce. I remember as a kid in the 70's and 80's doing all the indoor shows with my hot rodder father and they wanted the cars as close to empty as possible. Nowadays all the cars have to be as close to full as possible or you will be turned away. </div></div>

Indeed, the Rosemont Fire Marshall IS very strict with this rule. I know, I know...full is safer, cars in the adjoining valet area have gas at various levels etc etc, but the bottom line is since it is their sandbox, they make the rules.

That being said...PLEASE be sure to arrive with 1/4 tank of fuel or less, because they DO check and they have heard ALL the stories! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] Saying &quot;Bob said it was OK&quot; won't fly, either!

Seriously, the entire City of Rosemont is incredibly accommodating to us, and very polite and nice most of the time, so let's give them the same respect.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 11-02-2014, 02:02 PM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevlisa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My father and I are attending the show for the first time this year and we're bringing a car. Is there anything we need to know that's specific the MCACN show? My dad is waiting for his packet to arrive in the mail in the next few days regarding the car and placement in the show etc... I believe we're staying in a Hilton Hotel across the street from the Convention Center. I think we have it all covered, just don't want to miss anything. We're driving from NJ, leaving Thursday night or very early Friday, assuming it's a 12-13 hour drive with a trailer. The only thing I know about the show is from internet pictures, looking forward to attending in person, especially with a car. </div></div>

Having done the trip twice from central NJ, I would advise you to allocate 18 to 24 hours for the trip. You do have to stop for fuel, to eat, to experience a blown headgasket, to have the truck towed 125 miles home from the middle of PA, to call a friend, borrow his truck, hook up trailer and start all over again.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

If I were you, I would leave Thursday morning. That way it is a leisurely trip. Bring extra trailer tires, too.
</div></div>

Now THAT is the voice of experience! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

YES!

I wish I could attend this year but the home repairs are a priority after having a second floor shower leak through and turn the downstairs living room into a waterfall.

And I don't have anything to bring unless you have a &quot;100% Original Paint&quot; class next year, or maybe &quot;Cars My Grandparents Owned&quot; class.

Have fun guys. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2014, 02:05 PM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's an interesting one Bruce. I remember as a kid in the 70's and 80's doing all the indoor shows with my hot rodder father and they wanted the cars as close to empty as possible. Nowadays all the cars have to be as close to full as possible or you will be turned away. </div></div>

Indeed, the Rosemont Fire Marshall IS very strict with this rule. I know, I know...full is safer, cars in the adjoining valet area have gas at various levels etc etc, but the bottom line is since it is their sandbox, they make the rules.

That being said...PLEASE be sure to arrive with 1/4 tank of fuel or less, because they DO check and they have heard ALL the stories! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] Saying &quot;Bob said it was OK&quot; won't fly, either!

Seriously, the entire City of Rosemont is incredibly accommodating to us, and very polite and nice most of the time, so let's give them the same respect.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

You know, this would be the perfect business opportunity for some entrepreneur: offer a gas siphoning service outside the arena: Charge the guys $1 a gallon to siphon and keep the gas. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2014, 02:08 PM

..... Bob, by the way.... You and your staff are doing a great job [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

..... This will be an exciting and fun event ....thanks for all your efforts [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2014, 02:42 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
..... Bob, by the way.... You and your staff are doing a great job [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

..... This will be an exciting and fun event ....thanks for all your efforts [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img] </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words. We are indeed committed to hosting the absolute best event possible. Of course, the teams true passion for this insanity certainly helps! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Seriously..it is pretty awesome being able to work with like minded people.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 11-19-2014, 01:11 PM

I hope to meet you guys at the MCACN. A buddy of mine and I are flying in from Dallas tomorrow and should be at the hotel around noon to get all situated.
We are staying at the Double Tree where it seems to be the place to be.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Thanks,

Anthony