Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2017, 01:01 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts
Default NJ Steves Pit Viper Revival

(The first portion of this thread is located in the Member's Rides section. It's here if anyone is interested in the first half of the story: https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83108 )

I pulled the cover off my own garage find today and decided to do an oil change. The last one was 9 years and 194 miles ago. After a brief battery charge she started right up. The oil that came out looked and smelled fine, of course. All ten quarts. And I was reminded how the wonderful oil filter set up was designed to apply liquid rust proofing right onto the passenger side frame rail so it can run all the way down both ends of the frame rail, avoiding all sorts of strategically placed drip pans, rags, and cardboard.

She has all of 8,143 miles on her now. The boy and I then took the old car out to the local cruise night and frightened the locals. Even though I got there at 3:00 PM, a guy already grabbed my favorite parking spot with his 2017 ZL1 Camaro that he just bought.

I forgot how stupid fast this car was. Jeez. It is a menace to society. If this doesn't get the boy in the mood to start learning how to drive a manual transmission, nothing will. He was too busy snapchatting photos of the car to his friends, to be watching how I was shifting. Maybe I have to snapchat videos of my shifting technique to him. That should get his attention.
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 11-22-2021 at 11:37 PM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry wrench 1.jpg vipersebring1A.JPG viperightrear.jpg vipereng1.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...