Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 09-02-2006, 12:17 AM

Default Documenting a Canadian Charger

Does anybody know if there is a service like GM of Canada's Vintage Vehicle Services for Dodges? I have a friend trying to document a 440 Charger that was sold new in Canada.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-02-2006, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Documenting a Canadian Charger

www.galengovier.com
Old 09-08-2006, 12:04 AM

Also check out the message boards over at http://www.dodgecharger.com/
Old 09-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,140 Posts

Govier 'documented' my buddy's '66 Hemi Charger about 10 years back but as far as I know only goes by tag decode, not w/ shipping manifests or factory microfilm like Canadian GM Vintage Services, PHS, Marti and the like have. .

(On a similar side topic, what's the story w/ Buick GS Stage 1-2 stuff, does someone have the shipping info on the real ones now....anyone know what the truth is on this?)

The best thing w/ Govier is he's accumulated a major database of vehicles over the years and in the case of buddy's Hemi had the sequential Vin already on file as a Hemi shipped to Canada too. .
The crazy thing and maybe not even not a bad one considering his database would always reveal the truth if 'a$ked'....Govier offers repop fender tags! .

On the 440 Charger, how long ago did it split Canada, what province was it in and do you know the selling dealer already? .

~ Pete
Old 09-08-2006, 04:11 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Govier 'documented' my buddy's '66 Hemi Charger about 10 years back but as far as I know only goes by tag decode, not w/ shipping manifests or factory microfilm like Canadian GM Vintage Services, PHS, Marti and the like have. .

(On a similar side topic, what's the story w/ Buick GS Stage 1-2 stuff, does someone have the shipping info on the real ones now....anyone know what the truth is on this?)

The best thing w/ Govier is he's accumulated a major database of vehicles over the years and in the case of buddy's Hemi had the sequential Vin already on file as a Hemi shipped to Canada too. .
The crazy thing and maybe not even not a bad one considering his database would always reveal the truth if 'a$ked'....Govier offers repop fender tags! .

On the 440 Charger, how long ago did it split Canada, what province was it in and do you know the selling dealer already? .

~ Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Galen does offer a service for replacing lost fender tags but it is only for cars with real documentation/authentication to back up what they ask for. He wont assist someone making a fender tag stamping of anything that wasn't on the car from day one -no engine changes, no color changes, and especially no VIN changes, etc.