Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2017, 04:50 PM

Default 1966 Chateau Slate L78 Chevelle

Its not often that I ever post on forums, but over the years reading storys from others and hearing about there good fortune in finding increasingly rare and powerful muscles cars is a real treat to me. For this reason I hope some of you can find my story as entertaining as I have found many of yours.

4th Owner(Me aka Rick Berlage)
In July of this past year(2016) I happened to be on craigslist one late Sunday night after having a rather disappointing experience in looking at a blue 69 Chevelle SS south of Indianapolis that day. I was thumbing thru adds and came across a rather subtle 1966 SS for sale, once again around the Indianapolis area. I quickly blew through the pictures and the two things that caught my eye were what appeared to be an original 4 core radiator with finger guard and 6200rpm redline knee knocker tach. The car in the pictures didn’t present itself very well with a lot of visible rust, no trunk floor and complete interior. At work the next day my interest intensified and a phone call to the owner had me trying to figure out when I would be able to come look at the car. Low and behold I was upset to know that another buying was driving to see the car. I told the owner thankyou and to please call if the guy backed out knowing I had probably just lost an L78 Chevelle. That night after agonizing over losing the car I called the owner and found that the other guy never showed. I indicated that I would be up early and out to see the car around 8am not wanting to waste anytime. As I indicated between the tach and radiator I felt certain the car was an L78 and bought it on the spot. Here are some pictures of the car
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to OneStopRestoration For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (07-22-2023)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry tail pan.jpg tail pan 2.jpg t3.jpg t2.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...