Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: muscle car insurance

Hello everyone, Mk Insurance offers competitive collector auto with multiple carriers including Hagerty. It has been my experience that Hagerty is not the lowest premium and that is why we use several differenct carriers including American Modern. All of my products are agreed value and I customize the product to each client. It has been my experience that American Modern usually has a premium savings over Hagerty. Feel free to call me for a quote at 1-866-695-2774 or email at [email protected] - Have a great day!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:21 PM

MK.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2014, 08:36 PM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

I have my cars insured with MK and have had nothing but the best experiences. Their rates were far better than Hagerty (which seemed to go up every year).

I have also had claims, which is the true test of a collector car policy. MK performed wonderfully during the process. Two were broken windshield claims and one for a door chip in my Grandmother's Firebird that in order to repair properly, required the entire side of the car to be painted/blended. They paid for everything by direct deposit within hours of receiving the estimate, and never required any other estimates other than the original one from the repair shop.

The broken windshield claims paid for new date coded glass from Pilkington Classics, too.

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2014, 08:48 PM

That is impressive Steve.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:36 PM

I currently have J.C. Taylor Antique Insurance. Try calling them and get a quote. Here's their webpage...

http://www.jctaylor.com/

SAL [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
I currently own a 1969 Camaro SS350. Although the original drivetrain is long gone, this 4/speed car has a March '69 HC coded block with #041 heads. The transmission is an M20 Muncie #660 case and the rearend is a BS coded 12 bolt posi. Built in Van Nuys.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:38 PM

I have my old Chevelle with Tami (MK) - GREAT to do business with them and they are very competitive [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2014, 10:19 PM

I have been insured with Tami for 17 years. I have had two claims, and both were handled without issue. Tami takes care of all the details. Nothing against any of the other companies, just sharing my experience.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:28 PM

I have had one claim with MK, via American. Both Tami and Jackie at their office really followed up to make sure I was taken care of.

I had a 69 Camaro Vert, and the lug nuts were defective Chinese crap (dont trust your nuts to just anyone guys [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] ). Rear wheel came off at 30mph.

I was able to take the camaro to my repair shop and MK worked with AM to make sure the camaro was fixed properly and to spec.

I was and am pleased. I also bug the heck out of Jackie when I lose the insurance cards and decide last min that I want to drive a particular car, and she always emails me a card promptly so I can go have fun! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Rich
Old 04-28-2014, 10:49 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tami perto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello everyone, Mk Insurance offers competitive collector auto with multiple carriers including Hagerty. It has been my experience that Hagerty is not the lowest premium and that is why we use several differenct carriers including American Modern. All of my products are agreed value and I customize the product to each client. It has been my experience that American Modern usually has a premium savings over Hagerty. Feel free to call me for a quote at 1-866-695-2774 or email at [email protected] - Have a great day!
</div></div>

Tami, has anything changed in the last year or so, as I had you give me a quote for my cars and you were quite a bit higher than Hagerty at that time. I still have Hagerty, but would consider changing if the price has come down.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 04-28-2014, 11:32 PM

I suggest MK Insurance. Tami &amp; Jackie have always been there to help and we have refereed quite a few clients to them all who have been pleased.

Dennis