Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 07-10-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Larry Clain B/Motion collector dies/cars STOL

I hope they recover these cars intact, and nail these low life criminals to the wall, and put them in a cell with Tyrone so they can be his love slave!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:56 AM

A little news as to the disposition of the estate Larry left.

It is going to be handled by a local auction company. Personal effects, tools, cars [unfortunately, not the missing cars], shop equipment, engines, trannys, carbs, everything.

I don't know how many here on The Supercar Registry befriended Larry for his duration on the forum, but I do know this:

Larry once told me he would rather set fire to everything he owned than let his brothers or aunt's family get their hands on it.

That being said, I am going to confer with Ed, after I get my daughter back home to Texas [she stays with me for the summer months] and we will see about the most appropriate way for you folks to be privy to the unbelievable stuff the blood-sucking lawyers hired by "the other side" of Larry's family have decided will be sold.

I may be jumping the gun with this, but I am really hostile as to how this has been handled. The only reason I am coming forward with even this is for Larry's girl [wife] Dee. She has been awarded 1/3 of the proceeds of the estate. Larry would have wanted her to get the benefit of what he left behind, not relatives [by blood] who shunned him for the majority of his life.

I fear there wont be much left, what with the primo cars having been stolen. The goodies need to go into good and appreciative hands, not junkyard operators. I mean no offense with that comment, but y'all know the difference in an aluminum head and an iron head. Larry had nice stuff he had saved and bought for the past 32 years I know of. The scumbag lawyers don't have the sense to realize a "do it all" auctioneer is not the way to go. Scheduling is coming fairly quickly, but not nailed as of yet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

To stave off any comments before they happen, I am not doing this for my own gain. The only gain I might have derived would have been to get this house [the one I live in]I already bought from Larry 3.5 years ago [on a handshake - long story - you had to have known Larry] by buying it from the estate at appraised value. Now the scumbucket lawyers have decided that the offer for that has been rescinded. Even the houses and commercial shop are going to be auctioned by this auction company. I personally think something is fishy with the auction company, but it may just be my loathing of these lawyers. Have I mentioned I am annoyed?

If y'all think this post is inappropriate, feel free to delete it. I am hot!! Nuff said.

Anybody wants to contact me, please do it via e-mail. I will not go further with this until I have spoken with Ed.

P.S. Anybody want a relatively quiet roommate?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

In the "Old" days......We had a "Justice" system........Now we have a "Legal" system.........Nuff Said............(Did "I" ever mention I dis-like Lawyers?)

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 08-17-2007, 04:52 PM

Thanked 4,513 Times in 2,143 Posts
Default Re: Larry Clain B/Motion collector dies/cars STOL *DELETED*

Post deleted by Belair62
Old 09-05-2007, 07:34 AM

Ok, further update.

Went to a disposition hearing [yet another] today concerning Larry's estate. It is confirmed by the probate judge. A local auction company [ironically, Mr. Ed's auction] will be handling the auction[s].

Here is a link to the website.

Mr. Ed's Auction

The better the turnout, the better Dee will be. Larry would appreciate spreading the wealth of his goodies to fellow SYC members, as well, I believe.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, further update.

Went to a disposition hearing [yet another] today concerning Larry's estate. It is confirmed by the probate judge. A local auction company [ironically, Mr. Ed's auction] will be handling the auction[s].

[/ QUOTE ]

I would start a new post when you have the date of the auction to get the word out there!

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 09-08-2007, 06:55 PM

i'll take it that at this point, there really isn't much chance of finding his cars in one piece anymore is there?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the "Old" days......We had a "Justice" system........Now we have a "Legal" system.........Nuff Said............(Did "I" ever mention I dis-like Lawyers?)

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

I can do without generalizations like that. Yes, I'm a lawyer, and not the only one on the site, I'm sure. I've put a lot of criminals in jail and I've helped a lot of fine Americans, as has my father, who is the finest man that I know. And before you wave the flag in a lawyer-bashing post, you might want to think about the lawyers who are here in Iraq right now who wear a camouflaged flag on their right shoulder.

Scott
1st Cavalry Division
Old 09-08-2007, 10:02 PM

Sorry Scott but the generalization is pretty accurate based on my dealings with lawyers and the so-called Justice system. I'm sure there are a few good ones out there but they are few and far between. If you want to defend your profession I'm sure you will have ample opportunity to do so. Obviously since you are a lawyer in the military you aren't in it for the bucks, but that is the exception to the rule. I've seen lawyers deliberately causing legal action was clearly not of any benefit to either client with the intent to drag the case out so the lawyers could pile more fees on both sides. There is nothing just about the American Justice system. I only hope to never be a participant again and if I never talk to another lawyer it will be too soon. Good luck with the remainder of your tour and keep your head down.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Scott but the generalization is pretty accurate based on my dealings with lawyers and the so-called Justice system. I'm sure there are a few good ones out there but they are few and far between. If you want to defend your profession I'm sure you will have ample opportunity to do so. Obviously since you are a lawyer in the military you aren't in it for the bucks, but that is the exception to the rule. I've seen lawyers deliberately causing legal action was clearly not of any benefit to either client with the intent to drag the case out so the lawyers could pile more fees on both sides. There is nothing just about the American Justice system. I only hope to never be a participant again and if I never talk to another lawyer it will be too soon. Good luck with the remainder of your tour and keep your head down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave - I disagree with your comment on the American justice system, among other things, but in the interest of staying on topic, I'm going to hold my fire.

Scott