Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 03-11-2019, 03:31 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Man thats awesome congrats!!! Can we get more shots of the car.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:08 PM

Just loaded more pics of the car. same link as before. Wondering if when you look at pictures do you see the comments I v entered?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeep Guy For This Useful Post:
John Brown (03-11-2019), lbnaz (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

Yes,as long as we scroll down and click on SEE COMMENT.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:59 PM

added a few more pictures. Found some console gauges. Wont add much for a bit actually have to work a real job.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 PM

Totally jealous - what a haul!
Old 03-25-2019, 03:37 AM

Update on parts horde. No more engines in crates. I have sorted out all of the NOS GM parts from the used and non GM parts. I have just over 1000 parts listed on spreadsheet with nearly 500 individual part numbers. over 90% fit 68 Camaro in some fashion. I think I am half way through the NOS GM parts. BTW the used parts are in my 7x16 trailer and completely cover the floor.

I loaded a few more pictures to the album https://edsdreamcamaroproject.shutte...m/pictures/267. Some close ups of the two GM Holley 4v, Tri Power Air Cleaners, set of Alum Heads and the parts storage area. I do have about dozen or so parts that I can't identify. When i am finished I ll post some what is this pictures. Not sure what my end game is yet, just want get through the parts before I make many decisions. Thanks for putting up with the JeepGuy
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep Guy For This Useful Post:
DW31S (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 09:43 PM

Congrats on the purchase! I wouldn't make any rash decisions about anything yet. My recommendation would be to think of a long term plan/goal. I know you've tried to buy that car for 30 years, so likely you're a "Graybeard" or approaching it. Do you have the time and energy to see a complete and thorough restoration to the end? You spoke of a real job....restorations and real jobs aren't a good match as the years roll on. In my opinion, the car restored in its final state, no matter how nice, won't be worth as much more with the ZL-1 installed, as that ZL-1 block is worth as it sits. (Did I word that right?) The extra parts alone would likely fund a extremely nice resto., and you might end up with a damn nice 427 stick '68 Camaro conv. for nothing or next to it.
That's just my take coming from a 60 year old guy with a passion for fast cars that still has to work to play. Take your time. Get opinions from REAL guys that can back up an offer with cash on your extra stuff. Often times people get confused with "appraisals" and "buy numbers"; rarely are they the same.
Again, congrats on the purchase, especially, after the long chase. Let it all sink in.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW31S View Post
Congrats on the purchase! I wouldn't make any rash decisions about anything yet. My recommendation would be to think of a long term plan/goal. I know you've tried to buy that car for 30 years, so likely you're a "Graybeard" or approaching it. Do you have the time and energy to see a complete and thorough restoration to the end? You spoke of a real job....restorations and real jobs aren't a good match as the years roll on. In my opinion, the car restored in its final state, no matter how nice, won't be worth as much more with the ZL-1 installed, as that ZL-1 block is worth as it sits. (Did I word that right?) The extra parts alone would likely fund a extremely nice resto., and you might end up with a damn nice 427 stick '68 Camaro conv. for nothing or next to it.
That's just my take coming from a 60 year old guy with a passion for fast cars that still has to work to play. Take your time. Get opinions from REAL guys that can back up an offer with cash on your extra stuff. Often times people get confused with "appraisals" and "buy numbers"; rarely are they the same.
Again, congrats on the purchase, especially, after the long chase. Let it all sink in.
Agree restorations are tough in your later years. I went thru that and decided with aches and pains and being in my 60s its better off to buy a car already finished if you have the funds to buy.
The Following User Says Thank You to RALLY For This Useful Post:
Jeep Guy (03-26-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 05:12 AM

I opened the boxes with the Tri Power manifolds/Carbs/ and the bare casting cylinder heads. Posted pictures to album of the above. lots of close ups. List is now rapidly approaching 1500 parts and about 75 to 80% done with NOS part listing. I still have to go back thur list and identify parts and application on about half of the listed parts. You can find the pictures here https://edsdreamcamaroproject.shutte...m/pictures/267.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep Guy For This Useful Post:
Tracker1 (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 02:17 PM

Link no worky.....

This isn't rocket surgery.....
The Following User Says Thank You to John Brown For This Useful Post:
EZ Nova (01-02-2023)