Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-29-2006, 05:40 AM

Default WILSON BORO, PA, Anybody from there?

Here is a real shot in the dark. Over in the "Yenko" section of this site, my car was just reunited with it's second owner "Nazareth Motorcar". He informs me that my RG 69 Yenko that was purchased brand new by a guy from Wilson Boro, PA. His nickname was Spike. Does anyone from that area remember the car and know who spike is?

I was even thinking if anyone knows what high school a guy who lived there in the mid 60's might have gone to, could be a help. I could use classmates.com to find him. Just a thought.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 237161-LuminaETownsized.jpg 236813-InOhiosized.jpg 236616-100_0513s.JPG 236610-Keithsized.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-29-2006, 06:16 AM

Default Re: WILSON BORO, PA, Anybody from there?

Keith,

Good hearing from you. I had the Camaro out Sunday....we are still in the 60 degree weather here in Joisey!!

Isn't it a good feeling to get further documentation?

I couldn't sleep for a week after BWAG sent me pics of "Ol Yeller" with the GM stickers on the windshield and door right after Schmidt Chevrolet took delivery of it for SS/DA racing!!! The fact that they ordered the car at the lunchroom table then Bob drove it to an 11.19 on his 19th birthday really blew my mind!

As for the spare tire and paperwork that still exists, it would be a fine example of the type of folks in here that makes this Board what it is....THEE BEST AROUND....and get you that stuff that belongs to the car....not necessarily the owner! (ie.....documentation lives on with the car when it goes to the next care-giver) That's just my two-cents.

Jeff x 2
Attached Images

98 Surburban
Old 11-29-2006, 06:20 AM

I am very close to there, and I also know the owner of the Nazareth dealer that you listed...
Also, Wilson boro would be part of the Easton School district.
What is the post listed as in the Yenko area?
Old 11-29-2006, 06:27 AM

almost forgot........you lovin the Z06? I would!

Here's a copy&paste from a posting I entered back in August on my first meeting with a Z06.

My oh my.....11.19 Camaro buzzin' around town, like yesterday terrorizing the people on the streets of Mt Laurel & Moorestown, NJ

So...with Deb in the car, this guy pulls up to me at the intersection of Rt 38 & Ark Road with a brand new Z06 Corvette from Classic Chevrolet in Moorestown (take the sticky tag off, dude!). Nice car ~ love those headlights! (love my T-3's more)

Now, you'all know that I'm a quiet, conservative and still recovering-from-a-heart-attack kinda guy....especially with my wife riding along. So...this guy is revving and looking over at me and she's says, "Hey Jeff, don't do it.....I'm serious!" Now, Rt 38 is 3 lanes each way where we were and I already passed a cop who was going the opposite direction soooo......the light goes green and, like a good Super comp racer, I cut a least .410 light but let the guy get in front of me a bit........ I BLEW PAST HIM SO FAST at the top of second gear, I think he s**t himself with the noise from this Rat!

Needless to say, Deb was steaminnnnnn for a minute or so but then said "Jeff....you really love doin that, huh?" I said, Deb.....when I go outta this world, I wanna be on the Rev Limiter in front of the other guys fender!
Attached Images

98 Surburban
Old 11-30-2006, 01:43 AM

just to let you know.... A good driver in a Z06 is well within your 11.2 times. In fact the fastest dead stocker in Maryland is deep in the 10's on drag radials. NO other mods. Not even a K&N air cleaner.. I believe hes running 10.6

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:43 AM

yea......it would be a veeeery interesting race at a track, eh?

After I bought the car in '84, I went thru the engine, changing the cam to Comp Cams big lift (.627) roller and did the heads a bit. On the 11.5 RaceMasters that came with the car, at Atco, it went 10.37 @ 129 mph. And yes....it yanked the front wheels.

The engine has all the personality traits of an L-88. (Keith will testify to that) I even found where the original Dealer who ordered and raced the car did some tricks to the front disc brakes so the pads fully released the discs eliminating any drag whatsoever. guess that was worth some ET and MPH. Have to ask BWAG about that though
Attached Images

98 Surburban
Old 11-30-2006, 03:51 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

The springs between the pads were good for a tenth and 2MPH,but if the pads got thin you would have to pump the brakes to get a pedal!! I'm suprised they were still on the car!I put them on in 1970 before we went to the Gatornationals....WAG
Old 11-30-2006, 03:17 PM

coool... so with a 10.37 your way faster.. nice...Hey copo.. did you go to the car show in Moorestown on mainstreet in sept? It was run by a Corvette club and thy had a black Z06 there. I was there with my GN..

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:48 PM

no.....missed that one. You have a GN huh? My best friend & I just went to NY to pick up GNX #438!!!! 900 mile time capsule. He's Mark, SS-RSL78 here on the board!
98 Surburban
Old 12-01-2006, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
........ I BLEW PAST HIM SO FAST at the top of second gear, I think he s**t himself

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jeff,

Great to hear from you. Glad you are getting the Camaro out. As for me, this coming weekend I may be taking the Yenko to a show down here in Fort Myers. This will be only the third time I have had the car out of the neighborhood in the 4 1/2 years since we left Medford, NJ. I almost feel I have to keep it under lock and key and not anyone near it, I need to preserve my time capsule". That is why I purchased the 2006 Z06 Vette. Something I can freely go for a blast in and not have to worry about it.

Speaking of the Vette and to answer your question, yea I love my new Z06. It's comfortable, runs low 11's, stops on a dime, will do 200 mph and last tank I got 21 miles per gallon around town (over 30 on the highway) when babied. Hey regarding blowing past that Z06 like he was sitting still, he must not have been getting on it, or you had slicks on??? Since you said the sticker was still on it , maybe he didn't want to get on it to hard because he was under the 500 mile break in. I know, I just past mine (650 miles now) and refused to beat on it until I broke it in properly. I don't mean to discredit your car because you know I love it and have for at least 25 years. But I don't think you can walk past a Z06 like you say unless he wasn't on it hard or your running low 9 second quarters. Please don't be mad, I must defend the amazing Z06 cars for what they really are, as 427 Camaro's are, amazing. Also I must tell you that "Flyingn" is correct, Ranger form the Vette forum has made a passes of 10.85 @ 129 mph with DOT rated drag radials and 11.20's on the original tires 100% show room stock. He does this through driving experence and technique. He also gets up to Atco if you want to check it out! Many guys are running low to mid 11's with nothing done to the car and not much experence.

Here is a thread I posted a few weeks back. Ranger has a video posted on it as well.

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show.../page/5#233972

Now on to the topic I posted, does anyone from Wilson Boro remember my car in the late 60's or early 70's? Keep in touch Jeff.

Keith