Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 03-12-2021, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,077 Times in 1,321 Posts
Default 2021 Site Enhancement- My Garage & Journey

Site Enhancement- My Garage & Journey
My Garage

This is about to become a reality, where each Contributing member can create their My Garage/Man Cave. Basically it would represent what you've collect from cars, memorabilia, art work, equipment/tools & man cave/ entertainment.

Basically a glimpse into what interests you in our hobby and what you have collected.

A summary of how you got started in the hobby and why. Did you have a mentor, older brother, father interested or did you see a race on TV or in a magazine.

When you post a car picture, it will include an area for: description of when, how and why you own your car/cars.

This is your exclusive area to populate with memorabilia, equipment, cars whatever you have collected in your garage/man cave

For those that are private, it could be invitation only by member or made public.

This will help each of us understand each other’s passions for our hobby, and get to know each other better.

You can share a link to your My Garage to family and friends

Each area will have a list of questions or ideas to help you get started.

It will be organized into areas:
My Journey How, why did I get started
My Timeline with pics & description of cars past and present
My Memorabilia/art work/posters
My Tools /Equipment
My Projects- Under Restoration
Garage/My Cave - Pics of where work, enjoy and store your cars.

We can link a car already featured in members rides/ supercar features or restoration thread & Youtube video of your cars or garage

To access, an icon next to your username John Doe My Garage & Journey or a library of users who participated in My Garage

This should be launched by 6/21

I look forward to the launch of My Garage & Journey. I anticipate initially having a few members use this application and help guide them. If things go well, open it up to all contributing members.

Best,

Steve Shauger

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com

Last edited by Steve Shauger; 06-17-2021 at 05:22 PM.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (03-12-2021), bbbentley (03-15-2021), bergy (03-12-2021), big gear head (03-13-2021), CamaroNOS (06-08-2021), downunder1 (04-07-2021), dykstra (03-14-2021), gtomike1967 (04-12-2023), Hawkeye (03-12-2021), John (03-16-2021), napa68 (04-11-2023), olredalert (03-13-2021), PeteLeathersac (03-12-2021), ruralrte66 (03-12-2021), x77-69z28 (04-14-2023), Xplantdad (03-12-2021), XXXGoldL34M20 (03-12-2021)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-12-2021, 09:41 PM

Steve,

Excellent News...looking forward to this New Feature.

Thank you for sharing and bringing this to the forefront.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 04-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Default My Garage & Journey

Just to keep everyone updated, We should be launching the first My Garage & Journey well two years late!! Memorabilia, Projects & Tools will follow.

Presently I selected a few members to test and they have provided good feedback. This is a work in progress because software is never perfect or bug free.

I will let you know the launch date shortly.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (04-12-2023), dykstra (04-11-2023), markinnaples (04-17-2023), olredalert (04-11-2023), PeteLeathersac (04-11-2023), Xplantdad (04-11-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 03:02 AM
Administrator

Default My Journey& Garage/MyCave

The new application launch will be by Tuesday 8/22/23. There have been so many delays due to countless revisions, scope of the project expanding and program challenges of old platform architecture. I'm not sure it is set in stone until it actually launches, but I'm very optimistic.

Presently I'm refining the specification for Memorabilia and Projects. This project has taken a lot of time (2plus years) and money which has been frustrating at times, but I hope you all appreciate and utilize the application. There will be ongoing improvements as we move forward based on feedback from you our Contributing Members.

Only Contributing Members will have access, and in effect my way of saying thank you. Also another feature to differentiate this site from other. My Journey and Garage is your exclusive area to tell your story and share with members your journey, interests, cars, projects, unique skills and how and where you spend time with your cars.

Here are some snapshots of My Journey which is comprised of a few questions to help members get started. What you see now is how My Journey (and yours) is built. When a member looks at your journey, the content will look different.

Timeline: You are tasked to look through your photograph and documents to piece together your journey. Many times, I recollected a special moment which was quite cathartic & exciting, as the juices started flowing and I began writing. This is a fun exercise

Garage-MyCave: This is where you build a timeline of where you began your passion of collecting, restoring or just storing/admiring your cars over the years. Whether you just began collecting musclecars or have for 50 years its nice to see where it all began and how it has evolved. My first garage was a disaster area, but loved wrenching on my cars and bringing them back to life. I wish I had taken pics of my buddies and I pulling engine, swapping cams install the latest Day 2 go fast goodies....

Memorabilia: This is a complex undertaking because you have the big 3 in terms of promotional signage through the years. Gas pumps you have so many manufactures, models and types, literature ect....
I have reached out to a few memorabilia collectors and would love to hear from some on the site. PM me!!! lets talk....

Projects & Tools are fairly simple but need feedback to see members' interest.

Heres a few snapshots of My Journey and Timeline. Hope you like what see.

PM or call if you have ideas or like to provide feedback/ input.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
big gear head (08-19-2023), COPO (08-19-2023), L_e_e (08-19-2023), napa68 (08-19-2023), Xplantdad (08-19-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 02:37 AM
Administrator

Default Garage icon now on toolbar

The Garage Icon is now on the toolbar. There are two options:
My Garage, and by selecting that you can create your own Journey and Garage. Only Contributing, Premiere, Advertising Members can create a My Garage and Journey, which is another benefit of becoming a paid member.

By selecting Garages you will see any members garage which has been created. The only one presently created is mine, and by clicking on that and you view what I created.

I am finishing up some instructions and will post shortly but it is pretty simple. It actually prompts you through the first part of Journey.

Hope you like what is finished. Your input will help us and improve this application.

Steve

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
big gear head (09-06-2023), cruiserofland (09-06-2023), dykstra (09-06-2023), Pro Stock John (09-06-2023), x77-69z28 (09-07-2023), Xplantdad (09-06-2023)