Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,186 Times in 1,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
All hellcats and demons come with the srt driving experience(Bob Bondurant) as part of the cars price tag all u have to do is schedule a date and show up,they setup road courses, braking ,straight line,track etc its pretty sweet.
I wasn't sure, I thought Shelby purchasers also got that as well. Smart move good for them....

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 09-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
You do realize that it's a one day affair right?

One day to turn Casper Milktoast into Ronnie Sox . . .
Lee I think you should sell your old muscle car, because it's not as safe as any modern muscle car even at half the speed (BTW I don't own one). Look at the technology, safety cages, energy absorbing structure, braking, steering, suspension, tires, airbags etc....

There are many built cars with as much HP on the road. You may want to stay off the roads.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
67BelAir427 (09-15-2017), Turbo70Camaro (09-14-2017), Yann (12-01-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 03:47 PM

Thanked 136,488 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shauger View Post
Lee I think you should sell your old muscle car, because it's not as safe as any modern muscle car even at half the speed (BTW I don't own one). Look at the technology, safety cages, energy absorbing structure, braking, steering, suspension, tires, airbags etc....

There are many built cars with as much HP on the road. You may want to stay off the roads.
Steve, I think you are now taking this discussion to a very personal level which frankly surprises me. You are supposed to lead by example. And you have failed to do so. Shame on you!
Old 09-14-2017, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Steve, I think you are now taking this discussion to a very personal level which frankly surprises me. You are supposed to lead by example. And you have failed to do so. Shame on you!
This is not personal, I was merely stating that technology has improved and although cars are faster there are many technological advances that provide added safety. You were stating how dangerous these cars were and I was simply pointing out the added safety features.

There no shame in what I said, and I don't need a lecture from you on being an example. I've received plenty of complaints on your behavior and interaction with members and you've been warned. Lets move on......

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
1969l78 (09-18-2017), 69LM1 (09-14-2017), cook_dw (09-14-2017), KingKoser06 (12-08-2017), Turbo70Camaro (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

Outlaw the car along with some of the replies in this thread.. This topic is getting a little silly.

BTW if anyone is interested we have the option of adding users to our own personal "Ignore List" under the usercp tab which I highly recommend.. Only downside is when that "ignored " user is quoted it will show up.

Last edited by cook_dw; 09-14-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shauger View Post
I wasn't sure, I thought Shelby purchasers also got that as well. Smart move good for them....
When I bought my Boss 302 in 2012, I got one with it at Miller Motorsports and went. I was very pleased with the class.

Rich
Old 09-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Yes sir i have taken the class several times and when my demon arrives ill go again!!If anything they will scare the hell outta u showing u what your car is capable of doing , and i took home abit more respect for the car also....JMO...
The Following User Says Thank You to scott s For This Useful Post:
Steve Shauger (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67BelAir427 View Post
Ken, just curious what source you read that said it took 500 passes on a prepped track?
I have looked and all I can find is that the rear end took 500 launches before letting go and the test mule engine was good for at least 1100 ?

You surely can't be the same Ken that I know who took his brand new Buick GN to the track and ran faster than the magazine test cars ??? LOL

Please tell me you haven't turned into "your average Joe "
Hi Marc.
I'm getting more "average" every day.I bought a Vmax last spring and sold it in early summer.This was the second one I had owned.The first one was back in 1988 after I bought the GN.I was young and crazy and only dropped it once in the 3 years I had it.I guess I'm more "average" now as the bike scared the hell out of me.

A month ago I sold my Silverado SS and I had my eye on a SRT 300.The deal was done and just before I went to buy the car I stopped and thought.Do I really need another performance car as I still have the 442.I walked away and a week ago I bought a Lincoln MKS.Twin turbo of course.I love it.I've already ordered a tune for the car.I'm not that "average" yet.

I can't remember the article on the test driver bought I did hear it a couple of times.This is a quote that I just found.The article was more specific.

As Kuniskis notes, "Those times were set by our development engineer who has probably 500 passes in the car. So the average consumer out there, if they're a weekend racer, they're going to get in a couple of runs a weekend, a couple of weekends a year. It's going to take them awhile to get comfortable enough with driving this car well enough to get into those time frames."
The Following User Says Thank You to ZiggyL78 For This Useful Post:
67BelAir427 (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 04:13 PM

I have no problem with the Demon, but if safety advocates want to ban a car, they should ban these things. Every time I see a man driving one, I laugh so hard Starbucks comes out my nose, so it's a dangerous vehicle to other motorists.
Attached Images

DVD's for Musclecar fans! MusclecarFilms.com
Old 09-15-2017, 04:45 PM

Let's have the "experts" ban everything that may be dangerous, to us.. Lord knows we need them to make the decision for us..When will it end?