Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-08-2017, 12:31 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,173 Posts
Default Re: Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS

Reminds me of Kurt Pomerleau from Kelowna BC. I called him out over 10 years ago after seeing pics of a 69 Z/28 that I helped restore. He posted pictures of the car here in Oklahoma, including my friends dealer sign in the back ground. Claimed the car was in Canada.

He was convicted on 17 counts of fraud, each exceeding $5000. He was arrested again last year, and waa supposed to go to trial last Nov.

I can't find any updated info after this article from May of 2016:

New Charges for Kurt Pomerleau
Old 02-08-2017, 01:14 AM

He got me a couple years back. If it was 15 to 20 years ago. He would have gotten a visit that he won't forget. To many cameras out there now and I have to much to lose now. His day will come.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:34 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob Martin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He got me a couple years back. If it was 15 to 20 years ago. He would have gotten a visit that he won't forget. To many cameras out there now and I have to much to lose now. His day will come. </div></div>
I think we need a couple more boys from Brockton to pay these guys some visits... Brockton has always had a good rep for that kind of thing.
A friend of a friend just got arrested for beating a thief locally. Hopefully he gets his stuff back. I won't get into details because it's current. Unfortunately the law has to be on their side when they show up whether they want to join in on the beating or not. I hope you guys going the legal route get some good results. Good luck.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 02-09-2017, 12:36 AM

Just a brief update about Mr Pomerleau,...rumour has it that several years ago , one of his victims happened to be a Hells Angels biker out of Kelowna,...... After taking Mr Pomerleau for a &quot;ride with a few additional biker friends&quot; and a supposed pretty severe beating, the biker got his money back,...so force apparently does works
Lately into Beaumont SD's, 66,67,68 and 69 , including a 69 2 Dr Post Beaumont , an L78 2 Dr Post Chevelle LS6 Chevelle's, LS6 and L78 El Camino and Camaro fan ! Also 2 Cdn Documented COPO's, a COPO Camaro and COPO Chevelle Love GM Products
Old 03-01-2017, 12:14 AM

Add me to the list of Bud Hill victims. He's a real POS.

Probably about 10 years ago, he had an ebay listing with pics of a legit real (and nice) early 65 962 block. I foolishly contacted him and made a deal off eBay. When the block arrived, it was not the block in the pics, and was not even a 962 block or a 65 block! It was a 66 961 block that had had the reinforcement webs welded on the front of the block, the casting # changed, and the 6 in the casting date changed to a 5. I contacted him and raised hell and threatened to have him arrested. He denied knowledge of it being fake and said he bought it that way, but said he would send me my money back. I got several money orders for $100 to $300 here and there over many months, but never got anywhere near all my money back. Then his email and phone # suddenly changed and I could not reach him any more, and no more $ ever showed up.

I still have the block. Even though charges for the scam he pulled on me are surely barred by the Statute of Limitations, if you can find him and get him arrested and I will be happy to tote the block to TN and hand it and an affidavit to the DA to use as further evidence of Bud's pattern and practice of fraud. He belongs in jail for about 10 years without chance of parol!
66 Chevelle L78 unrestored
67 Chevelle L78 unrestored
67 Camaro SS350 Survivor
Old 03-01-2017, 02:45 AM

Here is a crazy idea.....

Why don't we keep a &quot;live&quot; list of all the dirt bags out there. We can call it the &quot;Do Not Buy/Sell&quot; list. It will give all of us here at SYC a head start on someone or company that has had questionable dealings with our members.

By the looks of this long thread, we might have been able to take advantage of a heads up about this ebay wizard.

Paul
Old 03-01-2017, 02:48 AM

Thanked 5,990 Times in 2,922 Posts

Great idea. This is one of the few sites I frequent that doesn't have a 'good guys and bad guys' list.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:55 AM

It amazes me that this scumbag has lasted this long without having his a$$ beat after having screwed over this many people. I hear people throw the phrase; &quot;What comes around goes around&quot; alot but, I have never known it to happen. It seems that these type of dirt bags continue to get away with murder while hard working, honest people get screwed. I hope this jackass gets what's coming to him and then some.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:44 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamaroNOS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a crazy idea.....

Why don't we keep a &quot;live&quot; list of all the dirt bags out there. We can call it the &quot;Do Not Buy/Sell&quot; list. It will give all of us here at SYC a head start on someone or company that has had questionable dealings with our members.

By the looks of this long thread, we might have been able to take advantage of a heads up about this ebay wizard.

Paul </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scuncio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great idea. This is one of the few sites I frequent that doesn't have a 'good guys and bad guys' list. </div></div>

And what happens if you got screwed worse than Matt and Jeff from a person who frequents the site? While I think the idea has good intention, the end result is going to be nasty.

Dan

Yes, I got the screws from a POS who posts here
Old 03-01-2017, 12:46 PM

Thanked 5,990 Times in 2,922 Posts

Still a much better outcome than site members continuing to get screwed by forum members. It should also deter anyone from pulling that sort of stunt going forward.