Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 11-19-2021, 04:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,966 Posts

'

I'm in the same boat too, only wishing I could make the show but simply cannot.
I haven't seen Stefano's Spec Paint W31/W27 car in years and was hoping to again plus so many others but also looking forward to finally meeting so many members here face to face.
We Canucks need to get together and plan next year way ahead, what's the 2022 dates?

~ Pete

Old 11-19-2021, 05:55 AM

Sorry you can’t make it, always the weekend before the USA Thanksgiving holiday.
PeteLeathersac (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 02:06 PM

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
Sorry you can’t make it, always the weekend before the USA Thanksgiving holiday.

I'd heard about this show for years, but that particular timing was always an issue. I've just worked around it since semi-retiring, but moving it ahead 1 weekend may, possibly, afford more people the opportunity to attend. The last weekend before any major holiday is chaotic enough in itself.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (11-19-2021), PeteLeathersac (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 05:41 PM

Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,966 Posts

'

Exactly Mitch, my problem too w/ another annual commitment always on this same weekend.
But planning far ahead, I'm hoping it happen so am aiming for next year's show now.
Safe running to everyone making the trek this year also have a great time!

~ Pete

Too Many Projects (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 11:54 PM

Well, speaking as a fellow Canuck (but really anyone who loves great cars) I can’t say enough how great the show is. It really is a “bucket list” thing. I have been fortunate enough to attend several times and was able to show our car in 2012 and 2016. We will do so again next year. This year I drove down even tho I have to get a negative COVID test to get back home so I gotta be careful, but it is so worth it to see the cars and meet some of the owners at this event.
dykstra (11-21-2021), PeteLeathersac (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 01:53 PM

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

Sherri and I had a great time. I think we were able to see about 500 of the 560 or so cars. I met up with Joe (hiperf69) to get some tires, wheels and a damper from him. We also got to spend some quality time with Stefano. He and his wife were very gracious. As a vendor at the event, I know his time was limited, but you would never have known it. What a great resource to have on this site.
We also had a great chat with Charley. No one gets “quality time” with Charley, right? We had just seen the “Rustoleum 57” (yeah, you need to name it Charley) and were able to get the scoop on it.
Also got to talk with Dan V for a bit. Even met a guy who is building a 53 Studebaker Commander gasser; and he may have the clutch pedal and linkage parts I need for my 53.
The biggest problem for me is this: I would really like to meet some of you other guys face to face, but I don’t know what you look like. I know Mitch and Jonesy met up, cuz Mitch already has the cool tires and wheels going on the Camaro. I would see 5-10 guys yukking it up in a group, and wonder if it was a group of guys from the yenko site. Just didn’t want to walk up and ask total strangers if they happen to frequent this site. Maybe next time we figure out a way to make it happen.
dustinm (11-24-2021), PeteLeathersac (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sherri and I had a great time. I think we were able to see about 500 of the 560 or so cars. I met up with Joe (hiperf69) to get some tires, wheels and a damper from him. We also got to spend some quality time with Stefano. He and his wife were very gracious. As a vendor at the event, I know his time was limited, but you would never have known it. What a great resource to have on this site.
We also had a great chat with Charley. No one gets “quality time” with Charley, right? We had just seen the “Rustoleum 57” (yeah, you need to name it Charley) and were able to get the scoop on it.
Also got to talk with Dan V for a bit. Even met a guy who is building a 53 Studebaker Commander gasser; and he may have the clutch pedal and linkage parts I need for my 53.
The biggest problem for me is this: I would really like to meet some of you other guys face to face, but I don’t know what you look like. I know Mitch and Jonesy met up, cuz Mitch already has the cool tires and wheels going on the Camaro. I would see 5-10 guys yukking it up in a group, and wonder if it was a group of guys from the yenko site. Just didn’t want to walk up and ask total strangers if they happen to frequent this site. Maybe next time we figure out a way to make it happen.

Same here. I wonder if we had "site" ball caps or shirts would help for some of us that dont know everyone's face?
Old 11-24-2021, 09:03 PM

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,346 Posts

I'm with ya, Lynn, we need a better way to meet people we converse with on here. I tried wearing a name tag, but the adhesive didn't like cloth and kept falling off my jacket. I finally gave up.
I think lanyard's, like participants, vendors and judges wear, with a tag displaying the The Supercar Registry logo on one side and our name on the other would be a better option than waiting for people to come to a desk. We could set this up to order ahead of time and have them shipped to our home and wear them right in the front door... maybe we would get VIP treatment...
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles

Last edited by Too Many Projects; 11-24-2021 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:47 PM

I met quite a few guys. I agree that its hard to know who's who. Everyone I met was great and its nice to meet up with guys who can relate on car stuff. The name tags fell off. I think a landyard and plastic card type thing would be cool to have. Just hang it around your neck. Just never seems like there is enough time once you get there. I probably talked more than I looked at cars. I had a great time and I will be back next year. Lynn, I missed you by a few minutes. I probably walked by you 20 times without knowing it.
It was great to meet you all and I hope to meet more of the guys next year. We will have to get something made up before MCACN 2022.
1984 Camaro z/28 zz4 conversion
1987 Monte Carlo SS original owner
Old 11-24-2021, 10:31 PM

I met a couple members at the show. I believe mitch and i was chatting for a while.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingn For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (11-25-2021)