Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Comments/Suggestions > Comments, Suggestions, Problems

Old 02-12-2021, 05:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,118 Times in 329 Posts
Default Classified Issues

Yes, and if you host your own pictures there's something like 20 pictures per post allowed. I like that Rich uses multiple posts in one sales thread to features dozens of different items, and I often peruse all of his pages to see what he has for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
I am sorry if I singled you out because there are a few players who've been posting sometimes 14 ads at a time and constantly seem to bump their ads into the top 5 or 6 spots over the past year.

I like looking at the classifieds each and every time I log into sYc and always hope to find something I need. The issue I have is that there are a few who I would classify as commercial sellers and they always hammer ads out like a business is being run. It makes it hard to find things you are looking for when the same people who sell commercially are manipulating the page.

Myself, I'm all in favor of a cap system being implemented where a member can only have a limit of 5 consecutive ads running at any one given time. That would help limit manipulation of the page and keep people from having 20-30 ads on the top 5 pages that are constantly being bumped.

You want more ad space, pay a premium to support the site as a commercial vendor. I think that would be much better.

Hi Graeme-

Thank you for pointing this out. This subject is being discussed by the moderators. There is a note regarding posting multiple ads at once already and there are folks who pretty regularly fill the front page with their ads (not too hard to figure out who the folks are) and ignore the rule posted by Steve.

Enoch is one of the few who plays by the rules. The changes, they are a comin' !

Name:  steve.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  70.2 KB

There are several changes that are up coming to limit bumping ads down. I had planned to implement but some involve programing which I'm waiting on.

Most bumping of ads can be eliminated by consolidating small items into one ad. Also rather than reposting your ad for a price change , simply edit the ad.

I will post a list of simple things will benefit everyone selling or buying.

It is also frustrating at times to see the same items offered to members here at a price that would net the seller more $$ then they would receive on the same item that they have listed on eBay. Come on - everyone has to make $$, but this is a membership site. We’re all members of the same ship. Give a brother a little better deal :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergy View Post
It is also frustrating at times to see the same items offered to members here at a price that would net the seller more $$ then they would receive on the same item that they have listed on eBay. Come on - everyone has to make $$, but this is a membership site. We’re all members of the same ship. Give a brother a little better deal :-)
Agree, would be nice but cannot fault those who do this simply because some folks on this site are parts dealers and make a living at finding “deals”. Not trying to say that’s wrong, just the reality of it.

If a seller has the same part listed on this site and on ebay for the same price I end up saving money buying the part from the seller of this site by not having to pay our 8.6% state sales tax on the ebay purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliosz View Post
Agree, would be nice but cannot fault those who do this simply because some folks on this site are parts dealers and make a living at finding “deals”. Not trying to say that’s wrong, just the reality of it.
This!

OK, I’ve been here 12-13 years and still consider myself a Newbe.
I think bigD69, myself and a few others get and understand the whole thing
about filling up the front page.
It’s kind of a unwritten rule or guide line.
Personally my opinion, 2 cents worth, is “Just Scroll By”,
Nobody’s perfect.
This is a great site with good people.
We don’t need more rules to make this work.
It’s like the guy that’s looking at a new house in a new subdivision in a farm field
But decided to go to the county board and tell them they need to cure “THAT SMELL”
Before he will buy there.
Just “Scroll On Buy” it’s not that hard
I read this thread sometimes 4-5 a day and it’s for everyone
Joe

When I see someone have 20 ads in a row, it just means to me I may have to go back a few pages to keep up with some recent ads. Id rather have someone advertised 50 ads in a row, then have them not advertise. Its good for the site. Some sites have an ad thats top of the list for 3 weeks because there aren't any parts for sale there, and eventually noone bothers to look at all.

Unless it's something serious I'm not a big believer in calling out a fellow member.A P.M. will suffice most times.Why embarrass someone for something trivial.

Last edited by Steve Shauger; 02-14-2021 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Wrong Forum
Attachments - The Supercar Registry steve.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...