Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-23-2020, 08:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,599 Posts

----All this new electronic crap is why when one of our members advertises a reasonably low mileage older truck on this sight the truck sells overnight. I'll keep my 93 3/4 ton Subby for the rest of my life. It suites all my needs!......Bill S
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
dykstra (09-24-2020), L_e_e (09-23-2020), PeteLeathersac (09-23-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----All this new electronic crap is why when one of our members advertises a reasonably low mileage older truck on this sight the truck sells overnight. I'll keep my 93 3/4 ton Subby for the rest of my life. It suites all my needs!......Bill S
We turned that way several years ago, and daily drive our classics. Not even remotely interested in a new car anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
jerry455 (09-24-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 10:32 PM

Thanked 136,487 Times in 22,778 Posts

Don’t worry about getting stuck with expired license plate sticker, officials say

Quote:
Once the Illinois Secretary of State’s Driver Services facilities do reopen, residents will have 90 days to renew their expired vehicle registrations.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/politic...19-coronavirus

DMV, police to offer ‘grace period’ for expired licenses, vehicle registrations

Quote:
SALEM, Ore. (KTVZ) – To reduce Oregonians’ need to visit a DMV office during the current public health emergency, the Oregon Department of Transportation’s Driver and Motor Vehicles Division said Friday it has partnered with law enforcement agencies to exercise discretion in their enforcement of driver licenses, vehicle registrations and trip permits that expire during the COVID-19 emergency declared by Governor Brown.
https://ktvz.com/news/coronavirus/20...registrations/

I believe all states have the same grace periods for license and vehicle registration renewals
Old 09-23-2020, 11:09 PM

Thanks Stewart, I don't know about Arizona, but if they have issued a grace period we certainly haven't heard anything about it and the DMV didn't mention it when I asked them what happens when I get pulled over. They actually never answered that question, just kept telling me they are backed up till the end of November and kept blaming the beer virus. The $10 fee and we'll get you in right now is what really burned me. Not only are they blaming the beer virus for being behind and sending out blank stickers, they are now making money off of it.

I'm not worried about it, I was just making light of the situation really and pointing out all this weirdness is going on everywhere. I mean I guess it's okay as long as we just keep blaming the beer virus, lol.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:38 PM

Thanked 136,487 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by x33rs View Post
Thanks Stewart, I don't know about Arizona, but if they have issued a grace period we certainly haven't heard anything about it and the DMV didn't mention it when I asked them what happens when I get pulled over. They actually never answered that question, just kept telling me they are backed up till the end of November and kept blaming the beer virus. The $10 fee and we'll get you in right now is what really burned me. Not only are they blaming the beer virus for being behind and sending out blank stickers, they are now making money off of it.

I'm not worried about it, I was just making light of the situation really and pointing out all this weirdness is going on everywhere. I mean I guess it's okay as long as we just keep blaming the beer virus, lol.
Quote:
Important Notice

Effective April 2020, all registration documents and license plate tabs are mailed and no longer printed at MVD or Authorized Third Party offices. When you renew, your record is updated instantly and your receipt is your proof of registration.
https://azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/veh...e-registration
Old 09-23-2020, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
https://azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/veh...e-registration

Effective April 2020, all registration documents and license plate tabs are mailed and no longer printed at MVD or Authorized Third Party offices. When you renew, your record is updated instantly and your receipt is your proof of registration.

Now if we can just get them to mail an actual license plate sticker instead of a blank we'd be in business lol
Old 09-23-2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pritchard View Post
Glad the 2021 Tahoe I have on order (scheduled for production on 10/19) does not have a 'Frunk' to potentially fly open
I bought a new Tahoe and you will like it. I think the next one will be a diesel for me.

My dealer sells about 1000 trucks a year and got down to like 20 until about the end of August they started getting a few in. Usually he has hundreds in stock. I bought my Tahoe in September and he seems to be getting a few of those in also.

He did have a corvette that was built and sitting. Not sure why
Old 09-24-2020, 12:26 AM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by x33rs View Post
Now if we can just get them to mail an actual license plate sticker instead of a blank we'd be in business lol

My wife renewed our relatively new car (2 years old-the one we drove up to visit you) via email/mail. Paid the fee...and no stickers came.

Called the MVD and waited an hour to talk to someone...they said, "Sorry about that, we'll mail a new one out right away". Waited 3 weeks, no tags.

Got back online paid 5 or ten dollars for a duplicate-waited two more weeks...and the initial tags we paid for showed up...almost 2 months later.

Wonder if the second or third sets will ever show?
Old 09-24-2020, 02:42 AM

Wow Bruce you've had it worse than I have. The lady at the DMV told me it's happening to everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 02:55 AM

Default Pi$$ed off C8 buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
No but Tahoes have their fair share of issues right now. The one I was driving had 2 issues in the first 150 miles. Service Restraint System warning going on and off intermittently and the check engine light came on this morning. We've also had a couple with the rear liftgate not operating correctly.

Great vehicles but GM's QC sucks right now.
I heard today there is a paint problem with 2021 Tahoe and Suburbans. Something about bugs in the clear coat GM is dealing with? Bill