Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Garages/shops..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2018, 11:58 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Finding and Building a 60x40 Single Slope Steel Building

I have been wanting to build a single slope roof 60x40 steel building for a long time and have finally been able to get the funding together to make it happen. I started the process about a year ago and got a few quotes from contractors. The building prices they gave me seemed reasonable but the assembly cost seemed quite high. I am hoping to be able to hire out the grading, drainage, concrete, etc. and assemble the building myself with help from friends. I also have a contractor friend I could hire but he does not have much experience with steel buildings.

Being near the ocean, I have what is called the coastal commission to deal with. It is an extra permitting process that has to be gone through before the real permitting process can even start. I came here hoping to get some advice on steel building companies that sell a quality product, have good service, and are competitively priced. The coastal commission requires building plans and site plan submitted for review before the actual permitting process even starts. That said, I would like to find a company who can design the building, give me a price, and send me plans before I actually order the building. That way, if the coastal commission shoots me down, I don't have a building here I can't do anything with.

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Jason

Last edited by SuperNovaSS; 01-04-2018 at 02:15 AM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_4852 (800x600).jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...