Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-15-2002, 12:03 AM

Default Re: LS6 Convertible

YenkoDeuceRegistry, I guess i didn't realize that this site was so narrow minded that you only want posts from "SuperCar" owners. I have gotten some very useful and helpful info on this site but if that is the way you want to run your site then let me know 'cause I know how to say goodbye if "average" guys like myself are not welcome. You can email me privately if you like. Seems like I have noted some haughtiness recently from you.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:50 AM

WHAT!
Old 08-15-2002, 12:56 AM

I DON'T GET IT. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2002, 01:00 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Yep, here we go again with a "newbie" tellin' us how to behave on the site. Hey, I've read all your posts, and, we certainly appreciate your wealth of knowledge as a dealer, but, this is not your "average" group of guys. Maybe you should think again before coming down on one of the premier contributors to this exceptional site.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:08 AM

I didn't "come down" on anybody. If you read my post on 70 Nova in my next door neighbor's garage, he basiclly told me to take it somewhere else and now in one breadth tells Yountto to take his posts elsewhere and then welcomes him in the next. I am not a basher, far from it, I try to give and receive useful info but also don't need the "my car is better than yours so take your info elsewhere bs." I sincerely don't want to offend anyone so please don't take it that way and try to see both sides of the coin. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:47 AM

I think if you stick around and come to know most of the members better, you'll find that, on the whole, we are LESS "my car is better than yours" kind of guys. In fact, I find local shows, with "average" cars the worst for that kind of mentality.
Marlin was merely pointing out that sometimes people will find better "experts" on their kind of car on another site. We recognize that this site is dedicated to furthering info on "Supercars" as defined by this site. With that comes the recognition that all the answers for ALL cars are not available here. Just my $.02
Old 08-15-2002, 02:03 AM

69rs, Marlin said this site was devoted to supercars.
your quote......."I guess i didn't realize that this site was so narrow minded that you only want posts from "SuperCar" owners"......is without cause. Are you mad at Marlin because he recommended a Nova site for you to visit in a previous post? I think it was nice of Marlin to copy and paste that for you. I spent about a half hour at that site the other day and even put it into my favorites box on my computer.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:50 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Younto..You have a neat car that I wish I owned. You have posted the name of Tom Rightler as the guy talking trash from the Chevelle site. I see where you have bitched about him here but I can't see in the Chevelle site thread where you have bitched about him. He might not even visit this site. I think I would respond to his comments on the Chevelle site. Now can I have your car really cheap ?
69rsss...Take one chill pill and call back in the morning.
Old 08-15-2002, 03:49 AM

I understand the purpose of this site. Is it the sole purpose? If so, and it is not to further the hobby and to provide info to those less knowledgeable than that is fine and I understand that and have no problem with it. Unfortunately, you can not always get an accurate reflection of a post from typing and reading that you can from a normal conversation, where tone of voice, inflection and even volume can indicate the other's intention of statements made. Look guys, I'm not hot and don't need a chill pill. I don't know Yountto and was even one of the ones asking for more info on his car. I enjoy this site and have gotten info I may/may not have been able to find elsewhere and I appreciate it. Shor, if you noticed, I thanked YDR for the info on the Nova website that I didn't realize existed until he said that the post "needs" to be moved there or, as I took it meant, "doesn't belong here." Well, maybe it didn't belong here but by the same token, who was it bothering? If this is to be an exclusive site for "supercar" only posts then state that in the registration and it will probably cure the problem, or maybe you don't need a site and you can all just email each other. Either way, I meant no animosity, although I am feeling some in return.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:29 AM

Gentlemen- Since I have joined this site, I have seen the history of two valuable LS6 cars cleared up via the discussion on this board.( The convertible and the Mystery LS6). To me that is a victory for the hobby and all involved. Although discussions at times were heated, the end result was a clarification and validation of both vehicles. I agree that both discussions should have taken place on the Chevelle site, but the posts surfaced here. Also, I'm sure those on this board that are members of both have already alerted the Chevelle boys as to what's going on. I also agree that people like me don't belong here, because I don't own a supercar. I would therefore like to thank the site for allowing us to continue the discussions freely without locking the threads. My only intention here was to clarify the background on the two cars. I have had a fair amount of experience with the supercars, but would never pose as an equal regarding information with the members of this site. An additional bonus for me from reading the posts is that Charley Lillard, in addition to being a great car guy, has quite a pleasant sense of humor.

Randy

http://www.classicmusclecars.com