Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-04-2008, 02:51 AM

Default Re: WOW!! Ultra Rare L88 Nickey Camaro!!!?

Does any one know this guy?????

Dear arizona_loan_co,
What an absolute joke you and your car are! You are the laughing stock of the internet! EVERYONE knows you are full of [censored]! You have NO proof of what this car is. A couple of Nickey badges and a story about a dead guy that ordered it new doesn't make a Supercar. If you had any balls you would answer the questions that were asked of you on the Yenko.net site. You won't cuz you're a pussy! Instead of filling your ebay listing up with old Nickey ads you should have described the details of the engine(including numbers)and any evidence you have of its heritage. Bill Thomas did not work on '69s with Nickey. When this car was discussed on the internet a couple of years ago it was claimed this car had a vin stamped block; this would NOT have been the case if the engine was transplanted by Nickey. Nickey will NOT accept this clone as the real deal. Your story is full of holes. As I told you, ALL serious car guys (of which I am one) see through this scam. YOU ARE A FAKE!!!!!
- chevkrazy
-
Dear arizona_loan_co,
What a retarded response, just like your postings on Yenko.net. There is NOTHING that looking at this car could do to PROVING it is a real NICKEY conversion. YOU need to prove this you moron! The car is originally a small block but now has a VIN-stamped 512 block in it??? You are a lying sack of [censored] and the laughing stock of the supercar world! By the way, I know some of the people that are bidding on your car and they are only trying to see where your reserve is. Once they hit your reserve they will retract the bid... ha ha !
- chevkrazy
-
Sorry I have caused such rift in the supercar world.
I am just a know nothing hillbilly with a Camaro.
I would like to place all my paper work on line but my guess is even this won't help, Whether the car is real or not will always be a debate and Slamming me sounds like a past time. I have reason to believe it is real, if some one else doesn’t that is OK
Maybe I am wrong but it sounds like No one wants it to be real.
I didn't put the car together, I just Love Camaros and I have had numerous Camaros for the last 30 years I am 48. I didn't know there were so many experts or Haters.
I told the BC, Canada boy chevkrazy I would pay his way out and he can do a certification is that fair he is the expert???

At some point soon I will put everything on the web for everyone to agree or disagree!!
Thanks for the help
Old 12-04-2008, 02:56 AM

Were those emails to you or PMs from this site?

I would love to see what paperwork you have on the car. No matter the outcome.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Here is a summery of the three Documents I was sent COPIES of.

1) A Nickey Catalogue addressed to Bianchi.

2) A tire receipt in Bianchi's Name.

3) A type written Letter from the second owner to the third Stating that this was indeed a Nickey Conversion. It was not signed, nor was it Notarized.

I for one would be very happy to help you verify that this is indeed the car you say it is.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:53 AM

ChevKrazy,

Those were extremely rude messages, not to mention childish. I have seen cars that people thought were clones that turned out to be real and vise versa many times. It looks like the car was played with in the 80's due to the cassette player in the dash. It is possible that items were changed and things were fluffed that now make the car look less authentic. Why don't you make yourself known here? I must warn you, I don't think you will be welcomed as a hero for the site. Part of this hobby is education and it is a two way road. Rob came to this site and signed up to tell everyone he is the owner. What a way to welcome him. Thanks for pulling the site down to your level.

Jason
Old 12-04-2008, 04:07 AM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

I agree...it was idiotic to say stuff like that. Whomever ChevKrazy is...you aren't speaking on behalf of all the Y-net members...
Old 12-04-2008, 04:16 AM

I wouldnt pay for his flight !! You will find out he is not even a buyer,even if you had proof !!!! These guys who do ALL the screaming are usually just that !! Screamers behind a laptop who know everything(at least in his mind) but are not buying anything....

A little harsh on the seller ! Their is better ways to go about telling a guy you dont believe his car is real..
Old 12-04-2008, 05:28 AM

Those moronic comments are not worth the time it took to copy and paste. I would not want to be associated with that type of posting, I am bad enough myself.

So what kind of documents do you have? Conversion receipts from Nickey with the date and VIN, or better?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

[ QUOTE ]
Those moronic comments are not worth the time it took to copy and paste. I would not want to be associated with that type of posting, I am bad enough myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah... what a douchbag
Old 12-05-2008, 07:41 PM

Cars4Play,

You seem like an upstanding guy. I would work with Stefano to see what the car really is. Maybe some more information on the car can be discovered. If it is not an original Nickey, perhaps it has an interesting story. In the least it is a very nice car!!!!

Best of luck with the sale!!

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 12-06-2008, 10:55 PM

We are all fellow car enthusiasts. I consider us to belong to some sort of informal fraternal order. We can speak and understand a dialogue that most cannot appreciate nor comprehend.

Mutual banter between fellow car guys is fine and sometimes fun, but personal attacks is unacceptable.

Anyhow, looks like the ol' 69 427 is making a strong comeback. Its getting into the serious money range...beyond what you would expect for some clone...

Aside from the various opinions, I'm sure we all agree that it a cool looking car and most likely a complete blast to drive.

Who knows, the auction may mirror the A/FX racer and sell for 300K?...Should be interesting...We'll see what happens!

I just noticed I got my stars!!! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside