Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: HO ZL-1 # 63 at Worldwide Auction

If he gets a US buyer quickly, the currency offset (77 on the dollar), does not hurt him. The oil fires probably are making him wonder how fast he has to turn cars and sit on inventory, relative to US buyers. I see a wild ride ahead on that.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:28 PM

What <span style="font-weight: bold">OIL FIRES</span> are you referring to?
And how do they affect the exchange rate?
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2016, 06:40 AM

If you're referring to the wildfires burning around Fort McMurray Alberta, they're forest fires burning out of control and threatening the whole town. The entire town of 80,000 people have been evacuated and hundreds of homes lost. For a while it was looking like the entire town might be lost.

The oil sands operations are just north of Fort McMurray, and many of the workers live in Fort McMurray, but so far the fire has nothing to do with oil.

Pray that they'll get the weather they need to get the fires under control and save the town. It's looking like one of the biggest disasters in Canadian history.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:27 PM

Thanks Helmut for explaining the natural disaster affecting the Fort MacMurray area for our American friends.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:26 PM

In layman's terms -- they have a friggin' mess up there ... this will need devine help. Hope the Lord brings rain ... TAZ
Old 05-07-2016, 04:39 PM

Over 1600 homes and businesses destroyed.They need a break in the weather.It's been very hot and dry.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:27 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PapaSmurf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What <span style="font-weight: bold">OIL FIRES</span> are you referring to?
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img] </div></div>

Should have used oil sands fire region, in my post, sorry about that inaccuracy in the way I wrote that, I knew it was the land that was on fire.

Anyways, I dont want to post a specific link here as it may contain potential software virus, but here is a title as one example from exchange rates .org/uk of how that situation my impact the exchange rate:

<span style="font-style: italic">Canadian Dollar Exchange Rates Weak Vs GBP &amp; USD As Wildfire Threatens Oil Production</span>
Old 05-09-2016, 03:18 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PapaSmurf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What <span style="font-weight: bold">OIL FIRES</span> are you referring to?
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img] </div></div>

Should have used oil sands fire region, in my post, sorry about that inaccuracy in the way I wrote that, I knew it was the land that was on fire.

Anyways, I dont want to post a specific link here as it may contain potential software virus, but here is a title as one example from exchange rates .org/uk of how that situation my impact the exchange rate:

<span style="font-style: italic">Canadian Dollar Exchange Rates Weak Vs GBP &amp; USD As Wildfire Threatens Oil Production</span> </div></div>

Hello Bob
From my understanding the oilsands production shutdown because of the wildfire in the area is about 1 million barrels per day. This represents around 1% of the total worldwide production. Given the present worldwide production/consumption surplus of 1.5 million barrels per day this surplus would be reduced to a meagre .5 million barrels per day. I would think from a purely logical perspective based on simple economic theories of supply &amp; demand there would be some upward pressure on oil prices &amp; as all us Canadian are aware our &quot;loonie&quot; reacts directly in relationship to the price of oil.
JMHO from the &quot;Great White North&quot;
But I digress &amp; I/we need to remember that this is a car forum.
Just remember the 90,000 people who are sleeping anywhere but their own beds this evening.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:57 AM

Smile HO ZL-1 # 63 at Worldwide Auction

It appears there are broken links to the advertisement at RM Sotheby's in relation to the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 #63 VIN#124379N643047 therefore here is a URL I have discovered should take you to the car. There is a total of 23 images measuring 1920 x 1440 at 2.76MP that is a good size. Unfortunately there is not a lot of information on this iconic ZL1 anywhere on the internet other than it's registry here:

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m.../expandGallery
The Following User Says Thank You to 1969ZL1 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (01-08-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 12:39 PM

That is a expensive car to have a incorrect alternator on it.