Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2020, 01:00 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Vintage racing decals/lettering

Greeting Folks!

I was contacted by a coworker who wants me to build him a replica race car. Why me, I’m not sure. But it’s a cool project that I’m sure to mess up and post it here for all to see!

The car will be a replica of Sox & Martin’s 67 Hemi Belvedere. He wants a crate 6.4L Hemi coupled with a Lenco, which is ironically, identical to what I want! And of course, when he talked to me about classic cars and such, I might have steered him subtly in this direction. But that’s neither here nor there. So needless to say my enthusiasm for this is over the top.

Where would one get the lettering and decals that adorn those early race cars? Are they available anywhere or are they custom made from sign shops out of the typical 3M vinyl?

So now between the 77 K10, 76ish Scout II coming in January, two planes, and the 507, I’ll have this to do if the logistics work out. But luckily, I’m shipping Mikey down here for an extended stay to help!

Any leads on shops or supply houses that stock those kind of vintage stickers would be appreciated!

Cheers
Dave
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...