Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-03-2015, 11:10 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts
Default Re: 1969 Camaro Z/28 w/Special Order Paint

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the427king</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;but for any doubters&quot;..........Its only natural that youre going to get doubters when you are wanting 3 times what a car would be worth if it wasn't for the color. </div></div>

Please correct me if I am wrong but I do not think Clem has any financial stake in the sale of the car.

He has not owned the car since the 1970's...
Old 08-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watk69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the427king</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;but for any doubters&quot;..........Its only natural that youre going to get doubters when you are wanting 3 times what a car would be worth if it wasn't for the color. </div></div>

Reply of the thread right there!, especially if the original owner or Brad (the restorer) or whoever else has a stake in the car seems to want 200k or better for this machine. For such a special car there should have been a lot of fanfare, ......i.e. Polaroid and Kodak Instamatic with FlashCube pics somewhere. Bows ribbons, champagne, hot dogs etc......LOL. But at the very least a sale contract with THAT color listed on it beside special paint. We, as hobbyists, want to believe in this Omega, but at 200k anyone would be a fool to pay that without it being in STONE that it came that color from the factory

If it were mine, with this cloud of doubt around it, I would have taken the 160k it bid to and ran to the bank </div></div>

really???????? I had over 200 early Camaros in the 80's and 90's... I have very very few pics of any of them... that was not the digital age.....Did you expect a ticker tape parade back then when the car was delivered???? How about a visit from the Pope ?? If someone orders a special color Camaro in 2015 how much fanfare would there be???

I find it hard to believe the selling dealer would fabricate such a story and put it in writing.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:02 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watk69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the427king</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;but for any doubters&quot;..........Its only natural that youre going to get doubters when you are wanting 3 times what a car would be worth if it wasn't for the color. </div></div>

Reply of the thread right there!, especially if the original owner or Brad (the restorer) or whoever else has a stake in the car seems to want 200k or better for this machine. For such a special car there should have been a lot of fanfare, ......i.e. Polaroid and Kodak Instamatic with FlashCube pics somewhere. Bows ribbons, champagne, hot dogs etc......LOL. But at the very least a sale contract with THAT color listed on it beside special paint. We, as hobbyists, want to believe in this Omega, but at 200k anyone would be a fool to pay that without it being in STONE that it came that color from the factory

If it were mine, with this cloud of doubt around it, I would have taken the 160k it bid to and ran to the bank </div></div>

really???????? I had over 200 early Camaros in the 80's and 90's... I have very very few pics of any of them... that was not the digital age.....Did you expect a ticker tape parade back then when the car was delivered???? How about a visit from the Pope ?? If someone orders a special color Camaro in 2015 how much fanfare would there be???

I find it hard to believe the selling dealer would fabricate such a story and put it in writing. </div></div>

I was being facetious, but sheepishly admit I took hundreds of pics of my 78 Camaro with an anemic 305, because it was my first new car I bought and paid for on my own

Just saying if there was an order or sale contract from when the car was purchased that said what color the special paint was, everyone would shut up, its the 150k question

________
'69 Dusk Blue Z/28
'15 Red Hot Z/28
Old 08-04-2015, 12:07 AM

Welcome Clem

Ron Starry
Old 08-04-2015, 01:10 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

I think we have said about all that can be said. I'm not sure even if the color was spelled out on the paperwork that it would bring more money that a equally restored Z of a different color. I love the color and would love to own it but at nowhere near the asking price. First thing I would do would be remove some of the stupid &quot;happy marks&quot; on the car that every auction restorer seems to think will make more valuable.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:58 AM

probably time to agree to disagree...
Old 08-04-2015, 02:02 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watk69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watk69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=the427king]&quot;but for any doubters&quot;..........Its only natural that youre going to get doubters when you are wanting 3 times what a car would be worth if it wasn't for the color. </div></div>

If it were mine, with this cloud of doubt around it, I would have taken the 160k it bid to and ran to the bank [/qu

I find it hard to believe the selling dealer would fabricate such a story and put it in writing. </div></div>

I was being facetious, but sheepishly admit I took hundreds of pics of my 78 Camaro with an anemic 305, because it was my first new car I bought and paid for on my own

Just saying if there was an order or sale contract from when the car was purchased that said what color the special paint was, everyone would shut up, its the 150k question </div></div>

I hear ya.... I still think there may be someone else out there that knew this car when new... BTW... I postedrecently aout a triple black stripe delete 69 L-78 w paperwork... that car did have the color in the paperwork I believe... hmmmmmm
Old 08-04-2015, 02:04 AM

what did the Carolina blue w white stripe Z sell for??? I think it bid way more than 200k...if I recall
Old 08-04-2015, 02:20 AM

450k and the Bid Goes On. The description of that car was laughable as well.........&quot;thieves relieved of its factory trunk supplied cross ram and 8 track at a railyard&quot; &quot;Unrestored and Original except for one repaint&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]

The stories people come up with to sell a car

Carolin Blue Z

________
'69 Dusk Blue Z/28
'15 Red Hot Z/28
Old 08-04-2015, 02:31 AM

Also said the JL8s were stolen on train. That's funny