Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar Features

Old 04-05-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: April '05 Feature Car

I also got to know Dennis well once he started restoring the Chevy II. I will never forget the last night I spent with him, after our ride to the Bar-b-que at SYC 5! We were both numb from the ride with open headers, and a little tipsy from the beers and good talk in the empty parking lot at the convention center at midnight. I will never forget his look, when he jumped in riding shotgun. He said the last time he rode in the car, it was in the back seat, when he was a kid. I sure miss him. Good job Annie, can I be your "shoe" this year at the track?
Old 04-05-2005, 03:06 AM

Annie... I know this was a tough one to write....I love that car and I'm glad it's sitting where it is ....you are a helluva lady ! Chill the PBR...Reunion time is coming !! I'm hanging with you.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:55 AM

looks so sweet and great story, seems like only 1 person is more deserving of 1 of these special nova's,mrs. gibb
Old 04-05-2005, 04:47 AM

Annie,
I love that car! I bought a new '68 SS396 Chevelle that was Grecian Green and always loved the color. The restoration is top notch!! Frank

PS: Bob dis attachment is for you!
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2005, 05:04 AM

I noticed !!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Still one of my favorite Novas, and the color is beautiful. I was able to see the car at the Vette-Fest and since then I have wanted to show a Nova like Dennis did. Its rare to see a L/78 Nova of the 68/70 era at VF. We were able to do that this spring and I could not help but think how Dennis would have loved the Nova we brought. I am also proud of the fact that Dennis chose us to do the #44 car for him. I know that Dennis would be happy with the new owner Tommy, and the car when its finished. We are doing our best and I for one cannot what to show you the car at SCR8. Thanks Annie for the great tribute...BKH
Old 04-05-2005, 06:31 AM

Thanked 1,597 Times in 491 Posts

L78 Novas are special to me and this one is no exception. Karen and I, along with Wayne Bushey had the plasure of meeting Annie and seeing this car in person. Dennis was really dedicated to the hobby and his love of these rare Novas is probably unmatched. We enjoyed being close to a piece of automotive history and sharing some special time with Ann. This car highlights how important "people" really are to the hobby. So much time is spent talking about these cars, we often forget that "real" people actually drove them. Congrats to Annie for being featured on the site and for her contribution to the cause. Karen and I send you all the best!

Tom Williams
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 04-05-2005, 07:24 AM

What a beautiful story written by a beautiful person. I also had the pleasure of meeting Dennis at Vette Fest that year and it was BY FAR the most enjoyable conversation I had that weekend!

The car......what can be said that has not already been said!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:47 AM

Thanked 3,813 Times in 993 Posts

Annie,
Congrats on a great story. I know Dennis is very proud I am sure. It took a lot of strength to write that article at the time you did and it said everything that Dennis would have wanted it to. I appreciated what Dennis did for me regarding helping me document the DH Camaro and I appreciated your continued support after he passed. He had always treated me like a friend and you have done the same. The car is a great piece of history and you both did it proud. You have never slowed to keep Dennis's dream alive and give the car the credit it is due.
Rick
Old 04-05-2005, 08:05 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Annie,

Though we've never met...you have a wonderful car, and it sounds like you had an even more special guy...

Thanks for the great write up. I hope to meet you at SCR8...if I can make it out there.

Very Nova!