Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-03-2019, 02:34 PM

Default Arizona Muscle cars

Has anyone here dealt with Arizona Muscle cars purchasing a car? Thanks.

https://www.choiceauto.com/
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,854 Times in 998 Posts

Mike Kaiser owns it. He is a member here. Never bought a car from him but have always had good dealings with him on other things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 06-03-2019, 04:02 PM

Thank you. He seems to really document stuff well and have some very good cars. Being insterested in a car that is across the country is always challenging and nerve wracking at times. Thanks for the feed back.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:07 PM

Thanked 3,854 Times in 998 Posts

All the Arizona guys know him well so I am sure someone from there will respond via the thread or private message.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 06-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Yep, that's Mike Kaiser's place. I may be mistaken but believe that location is fairly new. I usually see him at the Pavs with a car and from what I knew previously he used to deal at his place of residence North of Phoenix. Believe he still lives North of Phoenix.

Last edited by x33rs; 06-03-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:29 PM

I bought a Camaro off Mike in 2012 when I was in Phoenix. Nice guy and easy to deal with.
He has sold lots of cars to Australian's over the years.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:12 PM

Stand up guy
Old 06-05-2019, 05:20 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Hi everyone, never dealt with Mike on buying a car, but he tried to buy mine for a long while when I was selling it a few years ago, we communicated via email and on the phone a few times...

I was the second owner of the car in the link below. Bought it off the original owner in 2006 and I got the whole story and history, but no original engine or transmission. Rear was the born with BV housing with 4.56 gears when I had and sold it.

After I sold it in 2014, it changed hands a few times fairly quickly and people would reach out to me each time for various reasons. From what I understand, it was given / sold to the son of the fellow that I sold it to in AZ/IN and then sold to a football coach in CO and Mike finally got it this January apparently.

https://www.1969camaro.com/vehicles/...evrolet-camaro

I got it with the old race motor and a core TH400 - sold those and put in an engine and TKO600 - I did not put in an L72 engine, it was a two bolt block with a VIN from 1971 I think, not sure and never checked the casting date, but it might've been built from pieces - the machine shops I took it too said it was not a 454 as it was internally balanced, maybe a 402, but it was sold to me as a 427... and is a genuine 512 block - I never really cared what it displaced nor did I try to figure anything out on it as I never intended to sell it while I was building it and I bought the motor from a friend. Anyway, I built it with oval port heads and a modern GM Performance oval port aluminum intake and was built to run 91. Looks very much like the same set up now that I sold it with, but I'm only looking at photos - in fact, the intake is the same as I put in that temp sender.

From what I can see, the XT wheels (and mint caps) I sold with the car (two were born with originals) are gone. I have pics from the buyer I sold it to with Halibrands on it and then Mike did what he does for wheels and tires. I gotta say after seeing all those combos on it, it never looks "bad" IMHO.

The paint was buffed and likely cleared it looks like, it may look like faked patina, but it is not, it's just been 'preserved' it seems. And they peeled all the old contingency stickers off!

That front CA plate (first ever assigned to the car) was the one I got from DMV in 2006 I think and was purely random as 6APC090 - which of course is a anagram of A69C0PO.

It seems to have lost all of the paperwork too, as I'm sure he'd be advertising the broadcast sheets and P-O-P. I see the helmet might still be with it from the photos. but I had the old Off Road CA registrations, the original worn down keys with knockouts, the red SOLD tag from the mirror, the dealer paperwork including salesman's card and thank you note and many old photos. I found the original O lug wrench and the dealer frame in the right trunk drop off including the dealer paper tag / plate!

I never got the Wally.

It is not an original cowl hood car, it was built with an SS hood and after original owner took delivery in December, he told me that hood became available and he bought one OTC; it's been on the car since '69. That is not original paint, it was painted in typical racecar panel job in '69 I was told and have those photos too.

All original glass when I sold it except the windshield, I pulled that, but the glass looks really good in these photos, might've been changed, not sure. they seem to have cleaned it up very well, so not sure if it's that or that stuff was replaced.

It's a real spoiler, Endura, and radio delete car, story he told was that he got a credit for the radio and the bumper caught his eye and was less than the credit (as we all know) so he opted to order that. It was an ordered car. And built as an L34 column shift M40 car - he wanted an L78 but apparently there was a delay that he couldn't / wouldn't wait for; they told him he could have the L34 in three weeks apparently. LOS car and came with three build sheets, two versions of one, don't remember if it was body or chassis but they were genuine. Came from Courtesy in Phoenix which of course, is still there.

Blast to drive, but felt like a racecar, with the gears, if anyone looked like they wanted to pull me from a light, I'd start from second.

Not sure if this is the car you're looking at, but thought I'd share the history anyway. None of the interior was original to the car when I sold it, a mix of repop and original pieces that I sourced.

And it was on my garage wall that Chip drew a picture of it on. Sold that place in OC this year actually...

Sorry to hijack the thread, Steve if you want to move this or delete it, feel free. I just got carried away typing.

It was a great, fun car and always a hit at shows / cruises...

Cheers everyone!
Anthony
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnthonyS For This Useful Post:
427TJ (06-05-2019), L_e_e (06-05-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 06:34 AM

I would love to have that car Anthony!
Old 06-05-2019, 11:27 AM

… I always believed Mike to be a standup guy and he knows a lot about camaros

… and other Chevrolets

… good luck