Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 03-25-2018, 05:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks Rick for the pics.

To comment on what you said about the Volkswagon folks, I have been attending car shows for a long time now and lately people are getting more rude and stupid than ever. I'm really getting sick of people and their bull$hit lately.

Rich
Old 03-25-2018, 05:34 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Pavilions rules are clearly posted for all to read on the side of the building near the drive thru. These have been the rules for as long as I have been going there (2004?).

For instance, up until 4pm (I think it doesn't apply during auction weeks) you can park-and save a spot on either side of your legally parked car. The folks I hang with primarily...get to the cruise between 8:15-8:30 am, as it's "first come, first saved" up until 4pm. We all park and sit together. There are days when we can't-and it's no biggie.

There are only two rows that are off limits to most folks. First is Corvette row-only Corvettes (any year is okay in this row) can park there. The second row is the row behind that, which is club row-which rotates every week to a different manufacturer. One weekend it's Oldsmobiles, the next Mopar, etc. This coming weekend it's Desert Derelicts turn-as Rick noted above.

Some of the other cruises (67th Ave for example in Peoria) allows folks to save unlimited spots and there is no time limit as far as I know. Rick may have a better idea-as I don't often go this this cruise, even though it's only 5 minutes from my house.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chevy View Post
Thanks Rick for the pics.

To comment on what you said about the Volkswagon folks, I have been attending car shows for a long time now and lately people are getting more rude and stupid than ever. I'm really getting sick of people and their bull$hit lately.

Rich
Hi Rich, The Volkswagen folks did a "Takeover of Pavilions" a few weeks back. I have to hand it to them, as they used the power of social media-and showed up en masse...and did everything by Pavilions rules.

Someone had made mention that we should embrace the young crowd-because if we don't, this car stuff will all go away. I totally agree with that statement-But, the younger crowd wasn't the problem. It was a few "older" folks. There are always a few at each car show.

The old-er guy yesterday was politely told by my wife how the rules worked, then gave her a bunch of crap. She reminded him again about how the rules worked-and he put his car in park and got out of his car aggressively. That's when I intervened and put my body between him and her. What a tool that guy was. My wife went and got the McDonalds folks and they took care of it.

It never should have gotten to that point, but unfortunately it did. Oh well...
Old 03-25-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplantdad View Post
Pavilions rules are clearly posted for all to read on the side of the building near the drive thru. These have been the rules for as long as I have been going there (2004?).

For instance, up until 4pm (I think it doesn't apply during auction weeks) you can park-and save a spot on either side of your legally parked car. The folks I hang with primarily...get to the cruise between 8:15-8:30 am, as it's "first come, first saved" up until 4pm. We all park and sit together. There are days when we can't-and it's no biggie.

There are only two rows that are off limits to most folks. First is Corvette row-only Corvettes (any year is okay in this row) can park there. The second row is the row behind that, which is club row-which rotates every week to a different manufacturer. One weekend it's Oldsmobiles, the next Mopar, etc. This coming weekend it's Desert Derelicts turn-as Rick noted above.

Some of the other cruises (67th Ave for example in Peoria) allows folks to save unlimited spots and there is no time limit as far as I know. Rick may have a better idea-as I don't often go this this cruise, even though it's only 5 minutes from my house.

I'm aware of the rules and the club row stuff, I've been attending since 2005. Unfortunately these shenanigans are going on well past 4pm now. It was nearing 6pm when there were cones in front of spots. I took it upon myself to move it so someone could park. If you think I sound bad, you should hear what some of the group at 67th and Bell say about the Pavilions, lol. I think CC Riders signature location of Spoiled Bratsville sums up the general thought from most I've talked to. I attend 67th somewhat frequently ever since Nancy started it, as I have friends not far at 67th and Happy Valley, and we've never had an issue with parking, knock on wood.

Doesn't matter to me which one I go to since I simply go East or West when I hit town. I still enjoy the Pavilions and love to attend. I just hope this stuff doesn't go too far to the point the longest running cruise is no more. They have a great thing going that we all enjoy, would hate to see it ruined.

Last edited by x33rs; 03-25-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:25 PM

I've heard what the folks at 67th have to say-to each his own. Anything past 4pm and spots being saved, just go get the McDonalds folks.I have to hand it to them, they do a great job-and have been for a while.

I know quote a few folks at 67th, but most of my friends are at Pavilions, so that's where I "hang".
Old 03-25-2018, 09:14 PM

Who do you see? The restaurant manager?

I suspect as it's always been, that once things warm up in the next month or two, it won't be all that bad anyway. Most won't even come out until towards sunset. When it's hot it's pretty easy to find parking.
The Following User Says Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
RobR (03-26-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 11:23 PM

Ask for Wendy (LOL @ a McDonalds) she's there every weekend. She's a really nice lady
Old 03-25-2018, 11:39 PM

Wendy? Really? LOL 10-4 thanks for that.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplantdad View Post
Hi Rich, The Volkswagen folks did a "Takeover of Pavilions" a few weeks back. I have to hand it to them, as they used the power of social media-and showed up en masse...and did everything by Pavilions rules.

Someone had made mention that we should embrace the young crowd-because if we don't, this car stuff will all go away. I totally agree with that statement-But, the younger crowd wasn't the problem. It was a few "older" folks. There are always a few at each car show.

The old-er guy yesterday was politely told by my wife how the rules worked, then gave her a bunch of crap. She reminded him again about how the rules worked-and he put his car in park and got out of his car aggressively. That's when I intervened and put my body between him and her. What a tool that guy was. My wife went and got the McDonalds folks and they took care of it.

It never should have gotten to that point, but unfortunately it did. Oh well...

Bruce, that's exactly what I'm talking about... How rude to do that to you and your wife.. Really something isn't it??? I just don't know what it is lately with people. I can never remember having issues like this in the past. I see it happens everywhere, not just in my neck of the woods... People in general are getting more goofy...

Rich
Old 03-26-2018, 06:10 AM

Thanked 4,422 Times in 650 Posts

Many cruisers at 67th Ave (Mixteca) believe the cruisers at Pavilions are stuck up, etc.... I find the same "stuck up" attitude at Mixteca, McDonalds in Sun City, and Sam's Club in Surprise.

The same practice regarding saving spaces, rows, and "areas" is at Mixteca. The MOPAR guys vehemently defend their first and second row (one aisle). One MOPAR cruiser will arrive and either place 10-20 cones in spots or just run a long length of yellow caution tape. There are no rules allowing or prohibiting this. Just don't park your Chevy in MOPAR row, or you will be asked to leave. The same "stuck up" cruising is at Mixteca too.

I have not seen any published cruising rules at Mixteca. Since it is not my cruise, I just live with it and park in an empty spot.

A mutual friend of ours is a Mixteca regular and parks in the exact same group of spots every weekend. He and his wife are very nice, and like parking in those same spots with their friends.

Asking to park in a saved spot would have probably yielded better results than ordering someone to move a cone because we were in "their area".

Just as Bruce stated, we see this goofy-ness with older people and not the younger crowd. On this particular Pavilions cruise, the first aisle was full, but there were many, many empty spots ( and groups of spots) in aisles further out.

As I see it, the same stuff goes on at every cruise venue I attend.

Thanks for the kinds words regarding photos everyone.

1966 Chevy Caprice 427-390
2012 Chevy Camaro RS Convertible]