Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 02-15-2014, 09:07 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts
Default Re: Musclecar and Corvette Nationals...MCACN

Not much cooler than stopping by our local Barnes & Noble and seeing FOUR different magazines on the rack with nice MCACN full features!

Thanks go out to our friends Geoff Stunkard/Super Chevy, Drew Hardin and Arvid Svendsen at Muscle Car Review, Terrry McGean and Gary Gerstner at Hemmings Muscle Machines and Al Rogers, Tim Costello and Rob Wolf at Mopar Collectors Guide.

Congrats to all of you that scored some ink.

Now...please thank them for the coverage and buy subscriptions!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 02-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not much cooler than stopping by our local Barnes &amp; Noble and seeing FOUR different magazines on the rack with nice MCACN full features!

Thanks go out to our friends Geoff Stunkard/Super Chevy, Drew Hardin and Arvid Svendsen at Muscle Car Review, Terrry McGean and Gary Gerstner at Hemmings Muscle Machines and Al Rogers, Tim Costello and Rob Wolf at Mopar Collectors Guide.

Congrats to all of you that scored some ink.

Now...please thank them for the coverage and buy subscriptions!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

Way ahead of you Bob, three out of four are already at the Weaver household, guess which one hasn't come home yet? I will buy it just to be a supporter. (secretly love Mopars too)

Ryan

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 02-16-2014, 12:20 AM

AND...the <span style="font-style: italic">next</span> issue of Mopar Collectors Guide will have the first of FIVE covers shot at MCACN by Al Rogers onsite.

And btw; we have confirmed that Al will again be shooting five covers for MCG at our 2014 show! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 09-30-2014, 02:05 PM

This is a reminder; if you would like a FREE copy of the new MCACN 72 page full color magazine, please sign up here for our mailing list; http://www.mcacn.com/carshowmagazine.htm

I am picking up the balance of the print run this week and we will be mailing on or before 10-15. I will have a display at the upcoming Mecum Schaumberg Auction and I will also be set up at the big Morris Lions Club show on Sunday, October 12, so you will be able to pick up your copy at these events too. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Hope to see lots of you at these two great events!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Done! Added to the list... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2014, 02:14 PM

The new MCACN mags will start mailing out tomorrow, (the 15th).

Here is another heads up; check out your local news stand for the new copy of Muscle Car Review. This one features four of the cars you will see in the MCACN Color My World Invitational display on the cover with a full feature inside, shot by Arvid Svendsen.

Whew...the countdown is on!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 10-15-2014, 02:42 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:10 PM

My father and I are attending the show for the first time this year and we're bringing a car. Is there anything we need to know that's specific the MCACN show? My dad is waiting for his packet to arrive in the mail in the next few days regarding the car and placement in the show etc... I believe we're staying in a Hilton Hotel across the street from the Convention Center. I think we have it all covered, just don't want to miss anything. We're driving from NJ, leaving Thursday night or very early Friday, assuming it's a 12-13 hour drive with a trailer. The only thing I know about the show is from internet pictures, looking forward to attending in person, especially with a car.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:49 PM

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevlisa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there anything we need to know that's specific the MCACN show? My dad is waiting for his packet to arrive in the mail in the next few days regarding the car and placement in the show etc... </div></div>

Just follow the (particularly the move in/move out) directions TO THE LETTER and you should be fine. There are hundreds there that will be glad to help and offer suggestions, use them. Once you have your car inside the arena just get checked in and set up as soon as you can and leave it be and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Every morning and evening the participants get together for breakfast and happy hour at several of hotel lobbies and this is a great place to meet and greet. Lots of people coming from your end of the states.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 10-31-2014, 11:09 PM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevlisa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My father and I are attending the show for the first time this year and we're bringing a car. Is there anything we need to know that's specific the MCACN show? My dad is waiting for his packet to arrive in the mail in the next few days regarding the car and placement in the show etc... I believe we're staying in a Hilton Hotel across the street from the Convention Center. I think we have it all covered, just don't want to miss anything. We're driving from NJ, leaving Thursday night or very early Friday, assuming it's a 12-13 hour drive with a trailer. The only thing I know about the show is from internet pictures, looking forward to attending in person, especially with a car. </div></div>

Having done the trip twice from central NJ, I would advise you to allocate 18 to 24 hours for the trip. You do have to stop for fuel, to eat, to experience a blown headgasket, to have the truck towed 125 miles home from the middle of PA, to call a friend, borrow his truck, hook up trailer and start all over again.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

If I were you, I would leave Thursday morning. That way it is a leisurely trip. Bring extra trailer tires, too.